The Nylas APIs make it an order of magnitude easier for companies to add email, calendar, and contacts integrations to their apps. We wrap old protocols, unify all providers, and index TBs of data. We save customers months of dev time and unlock the richness of email data. By being at the core of business to business communication, scheduling, and contacts, we believe we can accelerate the productivity of work. We believe in making the best place to work, and value our inclusive culture and diverse team.
Nylas is looking for an intelligent, ambitious and energetic individual to join our customer support team. Hundreds of businesses rely on the Nylas Cloud APIs to power their products, and your role will be critical in ensuring their sustained growth and success. You'll work with startup leaders and top technical talent within our industry to help them build robust applications using Nylas APIs.
You will work alongside Nylas engineers to help triage and resolve issues that impact reliability and speed of our product. You’ll also help recognize and prioritize trends in customer issues and implement processes and automations that fix them. Your deep technical understanding of our infrastructure will allow you to onboard new customers onto our platform and help existing ones quickly.
You should have strong technical aptitude, experience providing empathetic customer-facing support, and the demonstrated ability to work collaboratively.
About the Role
As Support Engineering Lead you will play an integral role in elevating our existing frontline support team to help our growing user base implement Nylas APIs with speed and confidence. As the first Support Engineering Lead at Nylas, you will develop and train the team on the appropriate voice for customer interactions and work closely with our Sales team to onboard new support customers. You will also work closely with our Escalations Lead to escalate tough customer issues to that team and onwards to product and Engineering.
As a Support Lead, you will become an expert on Nylas support tools and take ownership of their configuration and maintenance. You will be a resource for all frontline support engineers, assisting them to onboard and get out of the occasional tough jam. Our ideal candidate is an empathetic communicator with strong organization skills and demonstrated leadership experience.
If this sounds like you, please submit your resume AND cover letter below!
- You have 3+ years in B2B Saas support experience
- You love writing and debugging code to get things done (especially Python, Ruby, or NodeJS)
- You have strong written and verbal communication skills
- You have experience communicating with technical and non-technical customers
- You've used APIs to build applications and/or query data
- You want to work in a fast-paced environment with lots of autonomy
- You are detail-oriented and have great verbal and written communication skills
- You have deep empathy towards technical and non-technical users and thrive on making customers feel empowered
- You’re curious and comfortable with new technologies and you love learning new tools
- BONUS POINTS if you have experience working with major communications provider APIs (email, phone, text, etc.)
- Refine and document CS Processes
- Train and onboard new support engineers
- Sales coordination and enablement
- Tracking and reporting on support head count and working with VP, CS to make sure we have adequate coverage
- Coordinating daily ticket review with Escalations Lead
- Organize and project manage support team initiatives
- Tracking and reporting on customer satisfaction (CSAT)
Nylas's Customer Success Values
- Empathy - We care about our users and want them to be successful using Nylas
- Alignment - We foster collaboration across all teams at Nylas in order to deliver new solutions and ensure the ongoing reliability of our existing products.
- Curiosity - We understand how customers are using Nylas APIs and what we can do to ease adoption, implementation, and use.
- Gratitude - For every customer who reaches out with feedback there are often many others who don't. The time our customers take to reach out to us about a bug or a product improvement is gift.
- Promptness- We aim to provide prompt and thorough answers to all users and reduce information asymmetry.
- Proactivity - Customer support at Nylas isn't just about being responsive to tickets. Time out of the queue working on other projects is an important part of improving the customer and company experience.
- Competitive Pay
- Meaningful Equity
- Medical, Vision, and Dental benefits for you and your family(including One Medical membership)
- 401k, FSA, HSA, Commuter benefits
- $100 Monthly ride-share credit
- $1k yearly Education & Development benefit
- Catered lunch & Unlimited snacks
- Gym membership
- Relocation assistance
- Unlimited vacation(mandatory 2 week consecutive vacation once per year)
- 12 weeks caregiver leave
- Flexible work hours
Nylas is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and diversity of all kinds is important to us.
Our team is roughly equal by identified gender (including engineering) and focuses on creating an inclusive environment for all people. We welcome people from all different backgrounds and currently employ startup founders, college graduates from all over the country and the world, coding academy graduates and those with no degrees at all.
We are actively and regularly working with the entire team to shape our culture in a conscious way to our ideal of empowerment, transparency, and kindness.