As a Software Engineer in the Machine Learning team, you’ll help develop/maintain ML based solutions, from rule-based to deep learning models, that our customers will use to turn unstructured data into useful information. In this role, you will spend approximately 90% of your time on engineering/devops tasks and 10% ML specific tasks.
You should have a growth mindset, a track record of managing your own projects, and a good sense of practical shippability over engineering purity. You should also tend toward humbleness in your abilities and have an innate desire to pass knowledge onto others.
What You’ll Do
- You’ll help build and maintain our microservices and REST APIs, which expose ML models
- You’ll help re-evaluate the tradeoffs of already shipped features/ML systems and reduce technical debt
- You’ll be working with ML engineers building an intelligence layer on top of email, calendars, and contacts
- You’ll apply ML and engineering best practices to tests ML solutions
- You’ll be using the latest and greatest tools to build things the way you want with little to no legacy code to stand in your way
- You’ll be building out machine learning infrastructure for billions of datasets with trillions of connections
What You’ll Bring
- Curious and passionate about solving customer problems
- Background in Computer Science or Software Engineering
- You love compiling complex RegExes
- You’ve shipped ML models to production
- At least 5 years of experience with Python, Scala, Golang (Go) or Java
- Experience creating and developing on RESTful APIs
- Understanding of Statistics, Data Modeling, and Machine Learning is preferred but if you are a solid software engineer, we are happy to train you
- Bonus if you have experience with natural language processing packages!
- Comfortable with ambiguity and exploring ideas never done before
- An attitude of continuous learning
- Not afraid to change your opinion in the face of new information or understanding of the product goals—you have beliefs, but you’re open-minded too!