NVNA and Hospice is the only independent non-profit home health agency serving Boston's South Shore. Founded in 1920, NVNA and Hospice provides the full continuum of care from home health, palliative, and hospice to support patients and families. We support what everyone wants - high quality care at home. Advanced technology helps us to care for complex patients in the comfort of their own home surrounded by family and friends
Covid Vaccine Requirement: NVNA and Hospice requires vaccination for Covid-19 as a condition of employment.
We have a full-time opportunity to join our weekday team. The primary focus for this position is to support the clinical manager with phone support, administrative tasks, scheduling staff for patient visits, and to provide exceptional customer service to internal and external stakeholders.
You will be responsible for the scheduling of home care and hospice services, assign staff to appropriate visits, communicate schedule changes, handle phone calls from patients, families, and staff. This is a fast-paced position that requires a multi-tasker who can move quickly with a high degree of accuracy.
Skills and Abilities:
- Strong prioritization skills a must., This is a fast-paced position and all functions are time-sensitive
- Exceptional communication skills: Works as part of a team and promotes collaborative working relationships to support patient care
- Ability to be a team player and work harmoniously with patients, families, co-workers, physicians, referral sources, management and support staff.
- Scheduling and calendar management
- Work as a team with managers and RNs in coordinating work load and services
- Ability to be flexible and work effectively under pressure
- Ability to work independently with minimum supervision
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Caring and compassionate nature
- Organized, detail-oriented and process driven
- Solid understanding of medical and surgical terminology
- Fluent with electronic medical record technology
- MS Office proficiency
- Customer service mindset is very important to NVNA and Hospice
Experience and Education:
- 2+ year of experience working in healthcare support/clerical position
- Medical office or insurance experience preferred
- Associate degree and/or certificate program preferred
We provide competitive salary, a full suite of benefits, robust clinical education, and the opportunity to work alongside an incredibly talented and committed team.
- Health Care Benefits effective date of hire (Medical, Vision, Dental and FSA)
- Company paid Life Insurance and Long-Term Disability
- Generous Paid Time Off Package
- 401 (k)
- Tuition Reimbursement and Scholarship Program
- EAP (Employee Assistance Program)
NVNA and Hospice is an equal opportunity employer. We embrace humans of every background, appearance, race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, and disability status.