NVNA and Hospice is the only independent non-profit home health agency serving Boston's South Shore. Founded in 1920, the agency has consistently been named to the HomeCare Elite Top Agencies in the country. NVNA and Hospice provides the full continuum of care from home health, palliative, and hospice to support patients and families. We support what everyone wants - high quality care at home. Advanced technology helps us to care for complex patients in the comfort of their own home surrounded by family and friends.
We are looking for an experienced, talented and compassionate RN Case Manager - Hospice Team. This is a full-time, 5-day, 40-hour per week opportunity.
As a member of the interdisciplinary team, the RN Case Manager works under the supervision of the Clinical Manager to coordinate and provide the delivery of home health care services to patients and clients of the Agency through the application of the nursing process and in accordance with Agency philosophy, mission and standards with the goal being to maximize the comfort and health of our patients and their families. It is expected that you will participate in the ongoing comprehensive assessment of patients and coordinate plan of care. You will participate in interdisciplinary team meetings and facilitate discussion of issues from your caseload for full staff participation, consultation and evaluation.
Skills and Abilities:
- Strong clinical assessment and prioritization skills a must
- Exceptional communication skills. Works as part of a team and promotes harmonious working relationships to support patient care
- Ability to be a team player and work harmoniously with patients, families, co-workers, management and support staff. Optimize use of resources for patients and families through effective collaboration with other staff members.
- Ability to be flexible and work effectively under pressure
- Ability to work independently with minimum supervision
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Caring and compassionate nature
- Current Massachusetts License in good standing
- RN - Bachelor's degree preferred but not required
- Current CPR certification
- 2+ years in hospice preferred
- Home care experience as an RN strongly preferred