Nuvocargo is reinventing the $2 trillion freight forwarding industry. We are a digital-first freight forwarder using a mix of technology and exceptional service to help companies seamlessly move products across the Americas, starting with the biggest trade lane in the world: Mexico <-> USA cross-border trucking. We were ranked #2 on Fast Company’s most innovative companies in 2022 and as a Y Combinator Top Company and are looking for top talent to embrace this adventure.
The opportunity for you:
We are seeking an experienced Workplace & Executive Assistant to manage office operations, own our employee engagement initiatives strategy and execution, and support our leadership team. This the perfect opportunity for someone who has experience as an Office Manager, Executive Assistant or member of the People Operations team who wants to learn one of the other focus areas included in this go-getter role.
What you'll do in a typical week:
- Oversee general office operations in-person at our Polanco, Mexico City and remotely for our SoHo, New York offices
- Lead negotiations for our office contracts
- Manage visitors and assist employees with day to day office needs
- Supervise office support staff to ensure an optimal working environment for the Nuvocargo team
- Manage the complete office budget from rent to office supplies and equipment
- Present reports and presentations regarding the office processes and budget to leadership when required
- Own the relationship with office providers from sourcing through the contract process all the way to daily operations
- Partner with People Operations to develop and implement office policies as necessary
- Coordinate employee engagement initiatives such as our annual holiday party, travel, events, and agendas
- Be a key partner to 3-4 members of the leadership team on in all his priorities
- Scheduling and planning meetings and events for remote activities and/or in person.
- Manage executive calendars including internal and external meetings to ensure business priorities are addressed in a timely manner, adjust and prioritize last-minute changes including logistics
- Arrange and maintain extensive travel plans and itineraries for both international and domestic travel.
- Timely completion of expense reports.
What you know:
- 4+ years working in a fast-paced environment with experience in office administration, people operations or front end customer care
- Undergraduate or graduate degree in Business Administration or a related field
- Experience in delivering first class employee experience
- Experience and confidence using Google Suite (Gmail, Google Calendar, Google Sheets, Google Slides, etc.)
Who you are:
- Ability to work independently and handle constantly changing needs.
- Demonstrate the highest level of integrity, confidentiality and trustworthiness.
- Team playing, approachable and positive attitude.
- Ability to keep track of all duties to be completed and organization to be completed during the set timeline.
- Ability to think outside the box and be able to find solutions proactively to situations or cases that are small.
- Ability to pay attention to the smallest details.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
What we offer:
- A unique & fun culture at the intersection of the freight and technology industries as well as between the USA and Latin American work cultures.
- Above market salary, benefits, and a robust employee stock ownership program to make you an owner and partner of the business.
- A chance to join the ground floor of a well-funded, fast-growing startup that is modernizing a trillion dollar industry critical to the global economy.
- You'll have the opportunity to work in our modern and fully-equipped office 4 days a week and Fridays as a work from home option.
If you are an organized and proactive professional with a passion for delivering exceptional employee experiences, we encourage you to apply for this exciting opportunity.
Nuvocargo is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
We look forward to working with you!
More about Nuvocargo:
International logistics is the multi-trillion dollar connective tissue of the world economy, but it's been slow to leverage the power of technology; it's finally going digital, and Nuvocargo is playing a big role in driving this historic shift.
We believe that true expertise in logistics cannot be automated and is incredibly valuable; however, we think software and technology can give logistics professionals superpowers to help provide shippers with the best service, and make everyone's lives easier.
We're growing quickly, and are backed by some of the world's best investors from both Silicon Valley and Latin America such as Tiger Global Management, The Flexport Fund, QED (founders of $60B+ Capital One), NFX (Silicon Valley fund with $10bn in exits), the founders of Nubank ($30B+), Loft ($3B+), Ramp ($2B+), and Rappi ($5B+), Y Combinator (~1% acceptance rate, created $300bn worth of startups), and angels who have built, exited, or currently sit on the board of companies worth over $100 billion.
Our DNA is comprised of four very distinct worlds and cultures: Silicon Valley, Logistics, Latin America, and USA. We are at the intersection of these worlds and laying the foundations for hyper-growth at one of the most tech-forward 3PL's in both the US and Mexico.
Read more about us here: www.nuvocargo.com/about and feel free to reach out with any questions.
We look forward to working with you!