is reinventing the $2 trillion freight forwarding industry. We are a digital-first freight forwarder using a mix of technology and exceptional service to help companies seamlessly move products across the Americas, starting with the biggest trade lane in the world: Mexico <-> USA cross-border trucking. We were ranked #2 on Fast Company’s most innovative companies in 2022 and as a Y Combinator Top Company and are looking for top talent to embrace this adventure.
The opportunity for you:
As an Account Executive, you will focus on driving new business and expanding existing relationships to build off the momentum of the fastest growing, VC backed, cross-border logistics provider in North America. Nuvocargo offers both carriers and shippers a differentiated value proposition through technology and excellent service that begins with our experienced cross border experts in Mexico.
Your book of business will be built through a combination of self prospecting and leads created by marketing, sales development, and your counterparts on the other side of the border. Your ability to quickly gain trust and develop a deep understanding of your clients will provide the opportunity to navigate longer sales cycles and develop account-specific growth strategies that will be key to your success.
Who you are
- You are a high-performing Account Executive. Consistently meeting or exceeding sales and profit quotas. Minimum 5 years experience selling value-oriented services. Preferably in cross-border logistics.
- You are obsessed with continuous improvement. You consistently challenge the status quo and identify and implement more effective strategies
- You are proficient. You are capable of designing and implementing a strategic sales plan that expands the company’s customer base and ensures its strong presence. This results in strong, long-lasting customer relationships by partnering with them and understanding their needs.
- Your proven process is adaptable. The ability to assess the Nuvocargo value proposition, understand the associated ideal client, and develop a methodology to continually bring these two groups together will directly correlate with your success.
- You are curious and passionate. Demonstrated ability to communicate, present and influence credibly and effectively at all levels of an organization. Proven ability to drive the sales process from plan to close. Strong business sense and industry expertise.
- You are capable and willing to learn new tools. As well as a new dynamic, disruptive way to sell and fulfill cross-border services to the industry.
This will NOT be a good fit for you if:
- You need to be "managed." Successful candidates for this role will likely transition next to a "Head of X" for a functional department in Nuvocargo. You don't need handholding, but you also know when to ask for inputs and advice from key stakeholders. We will rely on you to lead key business initiatives with extreme ownership and autonomy.
- You want to do "strategy" and not get in the weeds. We are a scrappy, fast-paced, and early-stage startup; that means everyone, especially Sales, needs to be willing to get their hands dirty.
- You struggle to move from "idea" to "execution." This role will require someone with a bias towards action who moves at the speed of high-growth startups in producing well-thought-out initiatives to drive growth and impact for Nuvocargo.
What you'll do in a typical week:
- Work with marketing and sales development to prospect potential customers that fit Nuvocargo's short and long-term commercial and operational strategy.
- Present Nuvocargo's value proposition to potential clients with a strong emphasis on our digital services. You are expected to effectively communicate value to diversified stakeholders within a customer's organization.
- Through proactive and assertive actions you will interact with pricing, operations, engineering, and the leadership team to create, advance, and close new business for Nuvocargo.
- Bring forward initiatives, plans, and strategies to meet sales quotas in your territory and lead the implementation of those approved.
What we offer:
- A unique & fun culture at the intersection of the freight and technology industries as well as between the USA and Latin American work cultures.
- Above market salary, benefits, and a robust employee stock ownership program to make you an owner and partner of the business.
- Remote-first location strategy and allows you to work from wherever. Hybrid office / work from home model that allows for flexibility and collaboration time in our Polanco / New York City office. Beautiful modern Polanco office space that is perfect for collaboration.
- A chance to join the ground floor of a well-funded, fast-growing startup that is modernizing a trillion dollar industry critical to the global economy.
Nuvocargo is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
More about Nuvocargo:
International logistics is the multi-trillion dollar connective tissue of the world economy, but it's been slow to leverage the power of technology; it's finally going digital, and Nuvocargo is playing a big role in driving this historic shift.
We believe that true expertise in logistics cannot be automated and is incredibly valuable; however, we think software and technology can give logistics professionals superpowers to help provide shippers with the best service, and make everyone's lives easier.
We're growing quickly, and are backed by some of the world's best investors from both Silicon Valley and Latin America such as Tiger Global Management, The Flexport Fund, QED (founders of $60B+ Capital One), NFX (Silicon Valley fund with $10bn in exits), the founders of Nubank ($30B+), Loft ($3B+), Ramp ($2B+), and Rappi ($5B+), Y Combinator (~1% acceptance rate, created $300bn worth of startups), and angels who have built, exited, or currently sit on the board of companies worth over $100 billion.
Our DNA is comprised of four very distinct worlds and cultures: Silicon Valley, Logistics, Latin America, and USA. We are at the intersection of these worlds and laying the foundations for hyper-growth at one of the most tech-forward 3PL's in both the US and Mexico.
Read more about us here: www.nuvocargo.com/about and feel free to reach out with any questions.
We look forward to working with you!