is reinventing the $2 trillion freight forwarding industry. We are a digital-first freight forwarder using a mix of technology and exceptional service to help companies seamlessly move products across the Americas, starting with the biggest trade lane in the world: Mexico <-> USA cross-border trucking. We were ranked #2 on Fast Company’s most innovative companies in 2022 and as a Y Combinator Top Company and are looking for top talent to embrace this adventure.
The opportunity for you:
You will own the Knowledge Management system, processes and the Quality assurance program to ensure consistency in Knowledge delivery and process adherence. You will be responsible for building the taxonomy and documentation frameworks as well as the QA program and rubrics. You will be responsible for providing usable insights to the business to improve the customer experience, product and overall performance of the operation.
What you'll do in a typical week:
- Build and maintain the taxonomy and frameworks for knowledge management
- Build, maintain and evolve the quality assurance program
- Hire and maintain an high performing team
- Lead the Quality assurance analysts team to ensure consistency in the program
- Lead calibration sessions among both teams to ensure alignment into documentation
- Publish and share quality performance against goals
- Collaborate with the Customer Experience Managers to provide usable insights to the Product teams
- Collaborate with the Operations teams to address behavioral areas of opportunity within the operation
- Collaborate with L&D teams to maintain updated the training materials
- Support implementation of new process as needed
What you know:
- You speak both English & Spanish. For this particular role at Nuvocargo, switching between English & Spanish will be part of your daily activities.
- Bachelor's degree in a business administration, engineering or another technical or related field and/or equivalent working experience
- 5+ years of experience within Knowledge Management for a customer experience environment with an ITIL approach
- 2+ years working with QA teams
- 3+ years of experience managing teams
- Experience working with Quality Management Systems and creating rubrics
- Knowledge of process improvement methodologies such as Six Sigma and LEAN
- How to lead a team to success in all KPIs you are measured on and more
- How to collaborate and work cross-functionally with different teams in the company to achieve the best results possible, you love to work in teams and you can easily switch between leading and collaborating with others
- How to get and cascade an extreme sense of ownership for everything you do
- How to properly communicate with clients and peers to achieve results
- How to promote and incentivize proactive problem solving
- How to prioritize & perform time management
- How to drive continuous Improvement in every aspect of your job
Who you are:
- You are disciplined and organized. You have a proven ability to balance multiple priorities effectively & meet deadlines. Your best weapons are organization, accuracy, and attention to detail.
- You find joy in excellence. You love doing things the right way and are always looking for both incremental and critical ways to improve your work, your team, and your processes.
- You think BIG. You enjoy identifying new ways and opportunities to improve and help the company grow by creating and setting the standard to follow.
- You are open minded. You find new and exciting ways to work and improve, you don’t limit yourself with old ways of doing things, but rather are innovative and creative.
- You move with speed. You move incredibly fast, making decisions and overcoming obstacles with speed. You are nimble and help solve problems for your teams who are on the frontlines with decisiveness and empathy.
- You have empathy across cultures. Nuvocargo's culture lives at the intersection of Silicon Valley, the logistics industry, the US, and Latin America. You have the unique ability to communicate with teams from different work cultures and geographies and feel like this is the place where they will do their life's greatest work.
- You are both a great communicator and listener. You are great at synthesizing inputs from different sources; you speak and write clearly, concisely, and with a structure that gets everyone on the same page when things feel messy.
- You are low ego. Collaboration is your best method. You don’t care or remember who came up with the best idea. Sales leaders, carrier reps, operations reps, shippers, and carriers all love working with you because you make them all feel heard and you’re able to find a middle ground in dissenting opinions.
This will NOT be a good fit for you if:
- You struggle to make things happen. This role will require someone with a bias towards action who moves at the speed of high growth startups in executing financial and operations processes internally and with our customers.
- You are not organized or lack attention to detail. If you find that you're OK sending emails with typo's or get overwhelmed when juggling multiple responsibilities, this is probably not a good role for you. This role requires incredible attention to detail and organization.
What we offer:
- A unique & fun culture at the intersection of the freight and technology industries as well as between the USA and Latin American work cultures.
- Above market salary, benefits, and a robust employee stock ownership program to make you an owner and partner of the business.
- Remote-first location strategy and allows you to work from wherever. Hybrid office / work from home model that allows for flexibility and collaboration time in our Polanco / New York City office. Beautiful modern Polanco office space that is perfect for collaboration.
- A chance to join the ground floor of a well-funded, fast-growing startup that is modernizing a trillion dollar industry critical to the global economy.
Nuvocargo is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
More about Nuvocargo:
International logistics is the multi-trillion dollar connective tissue of the world economy, but it's been slow to leverage the power of technology; it's finally going digital, and Nuvocargo is playing a big role in driving this historic shift.
We believe that true expertise in logistics cannot be automated and is incredibly valuable; however, we think software and technology can give logistics professionals superpowers to help provide shippers with the best service, and make everyone's lives easier.
We're growing quickly, and are backed by some of the world's best investors from both Silicon Valley and Latin America such as Tiger Global Management, The Flexport Fund, QED (founders of $60B+ Capital One), NFX (Silicon Valley fund with $10bn in exits), the founders of Nubank ($30B+), Loft ($3B+), Ramp ($2B+), and Rappi ($5B+), Y Combinator (~1% acceptance rate, created $300bn worth of startups), and angels who have built, exited, or currently sit on the board of companies worth over $100 billion.
Our DNA is comprised of four very distinct worlds and cultures: Silicon Valley, Logistics, Latin America, and USA. We are at the intersection of these worlds and laying the foundations for hyper-growth at one of the most tech-forward 3PL's in both the US and Mexico.
Read more about us here: www.nuvocargo.com/about and feel free to reach out with any questions.
We look forward to working with you!