is reinventing the $2 trillion freight forwarding industry. We are a digital-first freight forwarder using a mix of technology and exceptional service to help companies seamlessly move products across the Americas, starting with the biggest trade lane in the world: Mexico <-> USA cross-border trucking. We were ranked #2 on Fast Company’s most innovative companies in 2022 and as a Y Combinator Top Company and are looking for top talent to embrace this adventure.
The opportunity for you:
As a Performance and Content Specialist in our Mexico City office, you will have the unique opportunity to lead customer acquisition and content initiatives for one of our product verticals: shippers or carriers. Your work will directly impact the company’s bottom line, as it is expected to drive awareness and engagement that leads to new prospect conversions, improving brand positioning and increasing marketing qualified leads.
You will own acquisition channels for your vertical, their development and optimization. These include inbound and outbound efforts, from content creation to emailing and paid campaigns. Nothing is off the table! We expect you to experiment with new channels, strategies, and formats to maximize the top of the funnel, while also collaborating cross-functionally to improve overall conversion and push forward messaging that is consistent with our product and brand vision.
You’ll collaborate with our world class EPDM team led by veterans who have held senior product and engineering positions early on at companies like Dropbox ($10B+) and Common (raised $100m+), as well as key internal and external stakeholders to figure out what our customers care about, how they consume their information, what influences their decisions, etc. and build and execute a multi-format acquisition strategy to feed and nurture the sales pipeline.
You’ll report directly to our Content and Marketing Lead. This is a full-time role based in Mexico City.
Who are you:
- You speak both English & Spanish fluently. For this particular role at Nuvocargo, seamlessly switching between English & Spanish is a must. A typical day could involve talking to key customers in Mexico in Spanish and working with our executive team in USA in English.
- You have at least 2 years of experience working within a marketing team. You have experience running lead generation campaigns (organic and paid) ideally within a B2B environment.
- You enjoy creating content and understand the basics of SEO.
- You have experience running paid campaigns on social media channels.
- You understand CRO (Conversion Rate Optimization) tactics.
- You've worked with an inbound marketing/CRM software like Hubspot.
- You are data-driven. You have an analytical mindset and believe in iterating based on results. You have experience with reporting tools like Google Analytics and use it to drive your decisions.
- You get things done. You are proactive and independent. You bring ideas forward supported by data, and you execute them with a sense of urgency.
- You are curious and resourceful. There is no one right way to do things. You are constantly looking for new ways to solve problems, and are not afraid to try new things, even when they fail.
- You are flexible and can adapt to change. Startups move fast and priorities change constantly. You will have an open mind and ****the ability to switch focus between several projects with ease.
- You are both a great communicator and listener. You have a way with words and love to express yourself; but you are also able to relate to different stakeholders and extract value from short interactions.
- You are passionate about making an impact in the Latin American startup ecosystem. You want to have a direct impact in establishing Nuvocargo's EPD org as one that bridges the gaps between Silicon Valley startups and the Latin American startup ecosystem.
This will NOT be a good fit for you if:
- You are not a team player. We expect you to constantly communicate with people from different departments, share ideas and implement feedback.
- You have a fixed mindset. We have an entrepreneurial culture and look for a self-starter who can readily acknowledge mistakes, own them, fix them, and learn from them in short cycles.
- You need a lot of structure. We believe that there is always a better way to do things, and we are constantly questioning and iterating on our processes to find innovative solutions to recurring problems.
What you'll do in a typical week:
- Build a multi-channel lead-gen strategy, including website, social, SEO, etc. to drive leads
- Execute acquisition initiatives in tandem with sales and other stakeholders
- Determine proper channels for acquisition and implementation strategies
- Produce high-engaging content for Nuvocargo's resource hub (blog, FAQs, etc.)
- Build a strategic content calendar to amplify the Nuvocargo brand
- Plan and execute lead magnets and digital events
- Work with comms specialists to develop communication efforts, including newsletters, important announcements, offline activations, referral programs, etc.
- Maintain and expand Nuvocargo’s database of prospective leads
- Source relevant outbound lead opportunities
- Nurture prospects and ensure that marketing leads are converted to sales opportunities
- Own and deliver on lead-gen goals tied to company-wide objectives
- Understand the entire customer journey and identify best practices to engage prospects throughout the funnel.
What we offer:
- A unique & fun culture at the intersection of the freight and technology industries as well as between the USA and Latin American work cultures.
- Above market salary, benefits, and a robust employee stock ownership program to make you an owner and partner of the business.
- Remote-first location strategy and allows you to work from wherever. Hybrid office / work from home model that allows for flexibility and collaboration time in our Polanco / New York City office. Beautiful modern Polanco office space that is perfect for collaboration.
- A chance to join the ground floor of a well-funded, fast-growing startup that is modernizing a trillion dollar industry critical to the global economy.
Nuvocargo is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
More about Nuvocargo:
International logistics is the multi-trillion dollar connective tissue of the world economy, but it's been slow to leverage the power of technology; it's finally going digital, and Nuvocargo is playing a big role in driving this historic shift.
We believe that true expertise in logistics cannot be automated and is incredibly valuable; however, we think software and technology can give logistics professionals superpowers to help provide shippers with the best service, and make everyone's lives easier.
We're growing quickly, and are backed by some of the world's best investors from both Silicon Valley and Latin America such as Tiger Global Management, The Flexport Fund, QED (founders of $60B+ Capital One), NFX (Silicon Valley fund with $10bn in exits), the founders of Nubank ($30B+), Loft ($3B+), Ramp ($2B+), and Rappi ($5B+), Y Combinator (~1% acceptance rate, created $300bn worth of startups), and angels who have built, exited, or currently sit on the board of companies worth over $100 billion.
Our DNA is comprised of four very distinct worlds and cultures: Silicon Valley, Logistics, Latin America, and USA. We are at the intersection of these worlds and laying the foundations for hyper-growth at one of the most tech-forward 3PL's in both the US and Mexico.
Read more about us here: www.nuvocargo.com/about and feel free to reach out with any questions.
We look forward to working with you!