is reinventing the $2 trillion freight forwarding industry. We are a digital-first freight forwarder using a mix of technology and exceptional service to help companies seamlessly move products across the Americas, starting with the biggest trade lane in the world: Mexico <-> USA cross-border trucking. We were ranked #2 on Fast Company’s most innovative companies in 2022 and as a Y Combinator Top Company and are looking for top talent to embrace this adventure.
- As Sales Representative, you will focus on growing our customer base and the fast-paced brokerage aspect at one of the fastest growing cross-border freight brokers offering both carriers and shippers a differentiated value proposition through technology and attractive payment terms.
- You will create your individual portfolio of accounts through research and prospecting while becoming consultative in providing logistics solutions based on individual customer needs. This consultative style will provide the opportunity to navigate longer sales cycles and develop account-specific growth strategies.
- If you have carrier rep experience at another crossborder freight broker or 3PL focused on US/Mexico trucking, then this role might be perfect for you.
Who you are:
- You are a high-performing sales executive. You will help us meet our customer acquisition and revenue growth targets by keeping our company competitive and innovative. You are responsible for prospecting, closing and growing our customers in the MX territory.
- You are dependable and accountable. You can work independently and as part of a team. You will achieve growth and hit sales targets by successfully managing our customers and territory.
- You are proficient at designing and implementing a strategic sales plan. You will help us design a strategy that expands the company’s customer base and ensure its strong presence by prospecting and closing customers that fit the company’s strategy and long-term goals. You will focus on building and promoting a strong, long-lasting customer relationships by partnering with them and understanding their needs. You will present sales, revenue and expenses reports and realistic forecasts to the management team. You are responsible of identifying emerging markets and market shifts while being fully aware of new products and competition status.
- You have proven success as a sales representative. Consistently meeting or exceeding sales and profit quotas. Minimum 5 years’ experience selling value-oriented services. Preferably in crossborder logistics. Value selling skills. Demonstrated ability to communicate, present and influence credibly and effectively at all levels of the organization. Proven ability to drive the sales process from plan to close. Strong business sense and industry expertise.
- You are willing to travel. Through out Mexico and US working with the strategic customers that will drive our company’s growth.
- You are capable and willing to learn new tools. As well as a new dynamic, disruptive way to sell and fulfill crossborder services to the industry.
What you'll do in a typical week:
- Prospect potential customers that fit Nuvocargo's short and long term commercial and operational strategy.
- Present Nuvocargo's value offer to potential customers making a strong emphasis on our digital services. You are expected to
- effectively communicate value to different stakeholders within our customer's organization.
- Through proactive and assertive actions you will interact with pricing, operations, engineering and the leadership team to create, advance and close new business for Nuvocargo.
- Bring forward initiatives, plans and strategies to meet sales quotas in your territory and lead the implementation of those approved.
- Keep all your administrative workload updated.
This will NOT be a good fit for you if:
- You need to be "managed". Successful candidates for this role will likely transition next to a "Head of X" for a functional department in Nuvocargo. You don't need handholding, but you also know when to ask for inputs and advice from key stakeholders. We will rely on you to lead key business initiatives with extreme ownership and autonomy.
- You don't want to do "strategy" and not get in the weeds. We are a scrappy, fast-paced, and early stage startup; that means everyone, especially Sales, needs to be willing to get their hands dirty.
- You struggle moving from "idea" to "execution." This role will require someone with a bias towards action who move at the speed of high growth startups in producing well thought out initiatives to drive growth and impact for Nuvocargo.
What we offer:
- A unique & fun culture at the intersection of the freight and technology industries as well as between the USA and Latin American work cultures.
- Above market salary, benefits, and a robust employee stock ownership program to make you an owner and partner of the business.
- Remote-first location strategy and allows you to work from wherever. Hybrid office / work from home model that allows for flexibility and collaboration time in our Polanco / New York City office. Beautiful modern Polanco office space that is perfect for collaboration.
- A chance to join the ground floor of a well-funded, fast-growing startup that is modernizing a trillion dollar industry critical to the global economy.
Nuvocargo is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
More about Nuvocargo:
International logistics is the multi-trillion dollar connective tissue of the world economy, but it's been slow to leverage the power of technology; it's finally going digital, and Nuvocargo is playing a big role in driving this historic shift.
We believe that true expertise in logistics cannot be automated and is incredibly valuable; however, we think software and technology can give logistics professionals superpowers to help provide shippers with the best service, and make everyone's lives easier.
We're growing quickly, and are backed by some of the world's best investors from both Silicon Valley and Latin America such as Tiger Global Management, The Flexport Fund, QED (founders of $60B+ Capital One), NFX (Silicon Valley fund with $10bn in exits), the founders of Nubank ($30B+), Loft ($3B+), Ramp ($2B+), and Rappi ($5B+), Y Combinator (~1% acceptance rate, created $300bn worth of startups), and angels who have built, exited, or currently sit on the board of companies worth over $100 billion.
Our DNA is comprised of four very distinct worlds and cultures: Silicon Valley, Logistics, Latin America, and USA. We are at the intersection of these worlds and laying the foundations for hyper-growth at one of the most tech-forward 3PL's in both the US and Mexico.
Read more about us here: www.nuvocargo.com/about and feel free to reach out with any questions.
We look forward to working with you!