Please note that due to the COVID-19 pandemic, this position is currently remote however once we return to the office this position will be based in one of our office locations ( Durham NC, Exton PA, or Broomfield CO).
Nuventra is seeking a self-motivated, detail-oriented individual to support our project teams as a Scientific Editor. This position will seek to create efficiencies within our organization and ensure top-quality deliverables for our clients. This is an entry-level position in a rapidly growing pharmaceutical consulting firm that also presents numerous opportunities for professional development.
The successful candidate will possess strong writing and editing skills, a keen attention to detail, and the ability to work effectively across multiple project teams in a rapid-paced environment and within tight timelines.
Assist with the preparation, review, quality control, and formatting of scientific, regulatory, and technical documents, including pharmacokinetic reports, clinical study protocols, clinical study reports, drug development plans, Investigational New Drug applications (INDs), marketing applications, Investigator Brochures, FDA meeting requests and briefing documents, scientific manuscripts, and others
- Ensure proper document layout and table/figure/text formatting for deliverable documents
- Verify numbers and technical details in deliverable documents for both internal consistency and agreement with source documents and/or source data
- Ensure that all grammatical and usage conventions are followed based upon client and/or Nuventra style guides
- Work closely with Nuventra medical writers and scientific staff to produce, proof, and finalize deliverable documents
- Maintain adequate proficiency with pharmacological science, drug development principles, regulatory guidance documents, FDA rulings, internal SOPs, and internal working practices
- Function as a flexible resource for clients and internal staff
- Contribute to internal process development, template generation and maintenance, and training initiatives
MS or PhD (scientific field preferred), or PharmD. Advanced degrees in non-science fields may be considered if accompanied by adequate post-graduate medical or scientific writing/editing experience.
- Highly organized and detail oriented with excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to review and edit 50-100+ page scientific, regulatory, and technical documents quickly, thoroughly, and accurately
- Ability to prioritize assignments and meet tight deadlines while maintaining high quality standards
- Team player who is comfortable working simultaneously across multiple dynamic project teams
- Ability to perform required tasks independently and with limited guidance once trained
- Proficiency with standard writing conventions and familiarity with related guidelines. Experience with American Medical Association (AMA) style guidelines is preferred but not required.
- Ability to communicate effectively with Nuventra scientific team members about complex scientific concepts and technical details, including subject matter that may be outside the editor’s prior experience
Benefits and Perks:
- Great Medical, Dental, and Vision plans (Vision is covered 100% for all employees and their families)
- 401(k) and student loan matching
- Flexible work environment including weekly remote work options
- Paid childbirth and childcare leave
- Paid 5 week sabbatical after 5 years of employment
- Stocked kitchen with drinks, goodies, and snacks
- Frequent company and team-building events
- Monthly gym reimbursement
- 8 hours of paid volunteer time-off
Diversity is a key to success. We are an equal opportunity employer and welcome applicants of all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives.