Scientist / Sr. Scientist, Pharmacometrics
Join our team of leading drug development experts. Nuventra, a specialized consulting group, has seen year-over-year, double-digit growth for the past 5 years. Our mission is to improve human health through a deep understanding of what a drug does to a body and what a body does to a drug. We enable our clients to make better strategic decisions and improve their clinical and nonclinical study designs. Our scientific team is supported by robust corporate infrastructure, proven processes, and innovative technology solutions. We take pride in encouraging work-life balance and providing a positive company culture.
We seek a Pharmacometrician for exciting opportunities within our growing firm to work with industry-leading consultants in modeling and simulation. The successful candidate will possess an understanding of pharmacometrics, pharmacokinetics, PK/PD, and modeling concepts and applications. Excellent writing, communication, and mathematical skills are requisite to success in this position.
- Contribute to or conduct population PK and PK/PD modeling and simulation projects using industry standard software tools, including model development, validation, and refinement
- Work with other scientists to prepare and review population PK reports and other clinical pharmacology documents.
- Assist with development and validation of programming code in relevant software for PK, PK/PD, and population PK analyses
- Contribute to or conduct non-compartmental and compartmental pharmacokinetic analysis using rich sampling data as needed
- Assist with providing strategic advice to clients and developing clinical pharmacology strategic plans and clinical protocol development
- Author clinical protocols and clinical pharmacology and pharmacokinetic sections of regulatory documents, including INDs, NDAs, briefing packets, Investigator Brochures, etc.
- Assist with the design, analysis, and interpretation of studies involving sparse sampling and provide guidance to optimize PK sampling and dosing strategies
- Support client’s nonclinical efforts to ensure that sufficient preclinical PK data exists to design and support clinical studies and model development
- Maintain current knowledge of advancements in modeling, simulation, PK, and PK/PD science, regulatory guidance documents, FDA rulings, and internal SOPs to be able to contribute ideas to improve technologies and procedures for PK practices
- M.S. or Ph.D. in pharmacometrics, pharmacokinetics, pharmaceutical sciences, pharmacology, biostatistics, or similar disciplines where modeling and simulation is emphasized
- 3+ years of industry experience in practical applications of modeling and simulation required
- Proficiency in NONMEM, R, and Phoenix (WinNonlin® and NLME®) preferred
Diversity is a key to success. We are an equal opportunity employer and welcome applicants of all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives.