Scientist / Sr. Scientist, Pharmacokinetics
Join our team of leading drug development experts. Nuventra, a specialized consulting group, has seen year-over-year, double-digit growth for the past 5 years. Our mission is to improve human health through a deep understanding of what a drug does to a body and what a body does to a drug. We enable our clients to make better strategic decisions and improve their clinical and nonclinical study designs. Our scientific team is supported by robust corporate infrastructure, proven processes, and innovative technology solutions. We take pride in encouraging work-life balance and providing a positive company culture.
We seek an experienced Pharmacokineticist for an opportunity within our growing firm. The successful candidate will possess an understanding of clinical PK and PK/PD concepts and applications.
- Contribute to or conduct non-compartmental and compartmental pharmacokinetic analysis using Phoenix WinNonlin®.
- Contribute to or conduct PK/PD analysis and population PK modeling and simulation using industry standard software tools.
- Assist with the design, analysis, and interpretation of clinical pharmacology studies (renal, hepatic, TQT, ADME, DDI, BE/BA, SAD, MAD, etc.) and provide guidance to optimize pharmacokinetic sampling and dosing strategies.
- Assist with providing strategic advice to clients and developing clinical pharmacology strategic plans.
- Work with other consultants to prepare and review PK reports and other clinical pharmacology documents.
- Assist with development and validation of programming language in R for PK, PK/PD, and population PK analyses.
- Author clinical protocols and clinical pharmacology and pharmacokinetic sections of regulatory documents, including INDs, NDAs, briefing packets, Investigator Brochures, etc.
- Support client’s nonclinical efforts to ensure that sufficient preclinical PK data exists to design and execute clinical studies.
- Maintain current knowledge of advancements in PK and PK/PD science, regulatory guidance documents, FDA rulings, internal SOPs, and internal working practices to be able to contribute ideas to improve technologies and procedures for PK practice
PhD in pharmaceutical sciences or a related field with 3+ years of industry experience as well experience with Phoenix WinNonlin is required. Experience with NONMEM and R is a plus. The ability to apply scientifically sound principles efficiently in the analysis and interpretation of pharmacokinetic data is a necessity.
Benefits and Perks:
- Great Medical, Dental, and Vision plans (Vision is covered 100% for all employees and their families)
- 401(k) and student loan matching
- Flexible work environment including weekly remote work options
- Paid childbirth and childcare leave
- Stocked kitchen with drinks, goodies, and snacks
- Frequent company and team-building events
- Monthly gym reimbursement
- 8 hours of paid volunteer time-off
Diversity is a key to success. We are an equal opportunity employer and welcome applicants of all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives.