#KeepGrowing with Nutrafol
Come grow with us. We’re a growing company. Everything we do, we do to help people grow into the best version of themselves.
As the pioneers of hair wellness, we create natural, clinically effective solutions for hair growth and provide support for people at every step of their hair journey. Our multi-factorial approach targets the root causes of hair thinning using a patented blend of medical-grade botanicals -- and is recommended by over 3,000 physicians and hair professionals for trusted, reliable results.
We never settle, and are continuously challenging existing treatments and methodologies to advance the frontier of hair science. As we help our customers grow, we grow too -- by embracing individuality and differences, leading by example, and empowering ourselves and others with our passion for wellness and innovation.
Keep growing. It’s our mantra. Our commitment to helping anybody and everybody committed to realizing their own potential to grow.
You will help Nutrafol make informed, data-driven decisions and support our leadership team with critical insights into the business through the development of new datasets as well as enhancements to existing database design. You are incredibly detail-oriented, have the ability to connect the dots across multiple views of the business, and enjoy seeing data power not only visualizations but also key customer touchpoints via predictive analytics and personalized marketing campaigns.
In this role, you will have the opportunity to be a key member of our data engineering team, enabling us to gather data to better understand our customers, our supply chain, and our strategic partners. Nutrafol operates with a high-growth mentality and is invested in positioning data at the core of each business function to ensure teams are working smarter. You will provide strategic direction on data flow design and implementation across features that are key to unlocking powerful insights, generating executive level visualizations, or powering customer journey campaigns. You will work with cross-functional partners to generate and modify data load and validation processes that support their business use cases and help define the technology stack to be provisioned by the development team.
The ideal candidate is energized by working with fast-paced, entrepreneurial teams with a high degree of ownership. This role requires comfort working with complex challenges, appreciation of white space, and the ability to work with stakeholders across marketing, technology, and operational roles.
- Transform business requirements into thoughtful technical solutions around schema design and database object development that support data integration across multiple sourcing paths
- Assist with the development of new data schemas to support a robust data ETL process that results in comprehensive data models being made available to the organization for various projects - ad hoc analysis, data visualization in Tableau, for use in downstream systems, and more
- Monitor and maintain data quality and define/implement corrective actions when required
- Support troubleshooting potential bugs within the database
- Develop procedures to document key processes and queries
- 5-7 years of experience in a relevant role.
- Familiar with data ETL process and data transfer concepts/capabilities as well as database design
- Experienced with Data Management and Data Quality concepts and practices
- Strong working knowledge of SQL and pulling data out of multiple systems.
- Expert in Snowflake or other similar data warehouse technology.
- Experience with DBT preferred and/or experience with non database programming (C#, VB.NET, JAVA, PHP, Python, etc)
- Experience in Data Visualization & related BI Tools (Tableau Desktop and Server, Power BI, etc.)
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills; ability to develop creative and efficient solutions
- Strong troubleshooting skills include the ability to triage and interpret alerts, error messages and logs
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work in a team environment, cross-functionally, and with external parties
- Experience writing data documentation (Entity Relationship, Business rules, Source to Target mappings, etc.)
- Basic to mid level understanding of business and financial concepts including revenue calculations, retention models, etc.
- Ability to respond quickly to ad hoc requests and manage time effectively.
Perks & Benefits
- Fully remote work experience, including a one-time allowance for home office setup
- Comprehensive medical, dental, and vision package, including FSA program
- 401K with 50% match
- Flexible PTO
- Two company-wide wellness breaks every day
- Free lunch on us every Tuesday and Thursday via Seamless/Grubhub
- Monthly wellness stipend
- Monthly work from home stipend
- Monthly cell phone stipend
- Annual learning & development stipend
- Virtual happy hours, yoga, and meditation sessions throughout the year
- Free meditation app membership (Headspace)
- Free Nutrafol subscription
- Pet insurance and benefit programs
California residents may review our CCPA notice here.