Who We Are:
As a global leader in active nutrition and better-for-you performance beverages, Nutrabolt is known and trusted by millions of active individuals, fitness fanatics, elite athletes, and people looking to optimize their performance in all aspects of life. Since launching in 2002, our vision has been to innovate, inspire, and make products that maximize human potential.
Nutrabolt’s portfolio includes industry-leading sports nutrition brands: Cellucor® – the original maker of C4®, the bestselling pre-workout in America, and XTEND® - the number one BCAA brand in the world. The C4® product line has recently transcended the sports nutrition market to become the fastest growing performance energy beverage in the nation. Nutrabolt’s portfolio, which is distributed in over 150 countries, is sold through the company’s owned e-commerce platforms, and is available at leading retailers across the nation, including Walmart, Publix, Amazon, 7-Eleven, GNC, Target, Kroger, Walgreens, and the Vitamin Shoppe.
As a “Top 100 Best Company to Work for in Texas,” we are proud to work on category-captain brands that are changing the shape of the active nutrition industry and owe our success to the passion-fueled individuals that power our organization. We are committed to creating a workplace built on teamwork and trust, and that starts with our team members.
Note to applicants: This role has the potential to work remote
Who You Are:
As Nutrabolt's Internal Auditor you will be primarily responsible for assisting with improvements to internal controls over financial reporting (ICFR) and performing ICFR assessments in support of the Company’s SOX readiness plan. You will document processes and controls in narratives, flowcharts, and risk matrices, perform control rationalization and gap identification, and help design and implement control improvements.
What You're Good At:
- Performing internal audits, SOX audits, compliance audits, and ICFR-related consulting projects
- Participating in walkthrough meetings with process owners to document their processes and controls through a combination of onsite and virtual meetings
- Creating and updating risk and control matrices, narratives, flowcharts, and control testing plans
- Identifying risk and control gaps, assessing control design and operation, and collaborating with business leaders to establish remediation plans
- Assisting process owners in maintaining up-to-date documentation of business processes and internal controls
- Documenting control design and operational effectiveness of manual and automated business and SOX controls in accordance with IIA Standards
- Effectively managing project progress and status across multiple workstreams, including budget/milestone tracking and reporting
- Clearing communicating project results to Internal Audit management, control/process owners, and senior management
- Coordinating work with internal process and control owners, external auditors, and the team’s third-party contractors
- Executing financial, operational, and technology audits in support of the annual audit plan
- Completing audit work papers and reports timely, logically, and in support of conclusions
- Working on on ad-hoc internal audit projects and management requests
- Participating in physical inventory observations at selected company locations and third-party logistics providers as needed
- Remaining current on SEC, US GAAP, and other regulatory and technical guidance and regulations as it pertains to SOX and other related activities
- In this role your goals and KPIs will be focused around:
- Timely completion of ICFR remediation projects in accordance with established standards
- Successful documentation of control matrices, narratives, and flowcharts
- Timely completion of assigned ICFR testing in accordance with established documentation standards
What You Contribute:
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant discipline (e.g., Accounting, Finance, Business)
- 3+ years of public accounting or internal controls experience
- Willingness to work from the Austin HQ on a regular basis and travel to other company locations as needed
- Demonstrated planning, organization, documentation, research, problem-solving, and analytical skills, with the ability to successfully manage multiple assignments simultaneously
- Ability to work on multiple assignments simultaneously
- Comfort interfacing with internal clients to develop solutions to issues identified during internal control assessments and audits
- Ability to work independently and as a member of a team in a fast-paced environment
- Demonstrated knowledge of best practice ICFR in Accounting, IT, and other areas
- Ability to create detailed and logical working papers and reports that clearly and concisely describe the work performed, testing results, and conclusions
- Experience assessing operating effectiveness of financial and IT internal controls.
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written) in interactions with team members at all levels, including control/process owners and senior management
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to effectively develop and maintain positive working relationships cross-functionally with all levels of team members (e.g., Accounting, Finance, Operations, Compliance, Legal, HR, etc.) and external parties (e.g., co-source partners and external auditors)
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications (e.g., Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio, etc.)
- Technical knowledge of financial accounting and Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (U.S. GAAP)
- Experience with financial reporting and ERP systems (Microsoft Dynamics 365 preferred)
- Commitment to maintain confidentiality and exhibit unwavering ethical behavior
Nutrabolt cares about our teammates’ physical, mental, and financial wellness by providing benefits like: competitive health insurance, life insurance, mental wellness programs, 401K matching, and a monthly fitness allowance.
With our ‘Work Your Way’ program, we offer workstyle flexibility, unlimited vacation paid time off, volunteer time off, and a home office stipend when hired. You’ll get discounts on C4 Energy, Cellucor, and XTEND products, too!
Reach your full potential at work by taking care of all loved ones at home with Nutrabolt’s paid parental leave, childcare benefits, pet insurance, group legal benefits, and more.
Employment Type: Full-time