Who We Are:
Committed to performance. Committed to excellence. We are Nutrabolt, a fast-growing nutritional life science company located in beautiful and bustling Austin, TX. Our marquee brands, Cellucor®, C4®, and XTEND®, are among the world's leading sports nutrition and performance energy product lines. You can find C4®, America's #1 pre-workout and fastest-growing performance energy drink brand, plus XTEND®, the world's #1 BCAA brand, in a wide variety of online and physical retailers around the globe.
As a “Top 100 Best Company to Work for in Texas,” we're proud to work on category-captain brands that are changing the shape of the sports nutrition industry and owe our success to the passion-fueled individuals that power our organization.
We are committed to creating a workplace built on trust, teamwork, and a successful track record that speaks for itself. Because at the end of the day, our mission is about innovating, inspiring, and making products that maximize human potential accessible to all-- and that starts with our team members.
Note to applicants: This role has the potential to work remote outside of Austin
Who You Are:
As an integral member of the legal team, you will be expected to identify and resolve complex legal issues to support the legal team and the operations of a global leader in the research, development, manufacturing, sales and marketing of dietary and nutritional supplement products. You will be responsible for assisting with compliance, drafting, negotiating, and revising a broad range of contracts. You will also work cross-functionally with relevant departments and stakeholders to ensure timely routing, approval, and execution of such contracts. You will report to the company’s Chief Legal Officer and be responsible for providing legal advice and counsel and assisting the company with identification and implementation of practical business solutions to achieve its goals. You will need to be highly organized, solutions- and customer service-oriented, pragmatic and proactive in your approach to contracting, and able to work both collaboratively and autonomously.
What You're Good At:
- Drafting, negotiating, reviewing, and revising a wide range of complex commercial contracts and other agreements, including but not limited to: licensing, marketing, consulting, manufacturing, supply, distribution, endorsement, data privacy, IT, and co-promotion agreements, with company vendors
- Reviewing marketing programs and promotional materials to ensure compliance with FTC truth-in-advertising principles, Nutrabolt policies, and applicable law
- Providing advice in areas including but not limited to, compliance with laws and regulations issued and enforced by regulatory agencies such as the FDA, FTC, CBP and USDA, that govern the company’s products or are related to the company’s business, including but not limited to the Food, Drug and Cosmetic Act, the Lanham Act, the Sherman Anti-Trust Act and the Foreign Corrupt Practices Act
- Advising the company and senior leadership on a broad range of federal and state regulatory and compliance matters including identifying areas of risk, making suggestions for improvement, and assisting with various compliance efforts
- Ensuring that internal clients receive sound, practical, and timely legal advice on a wide variety of legal matters related to operation of a commercial business that markets to both retailers and consumers
- Working independently as the lead attorney on many matters and you will work collaboratively with our Chief Legal Officer on more significant matters
- Leading significant projects, both within the legal department and across a variety of functions
- Continuously improving the efficiency and effectiveness of legal contract support within Nutrabolt while maintaining the quality and consistency of contracts across the organization, while following applicable best practices, processes, and procedures
- Assisting the Legal Department with projects and activities to help balance workloads and support various needs of the Legal Department, as requested.
What You Contribute:
- Has JD from an accredited law school with exceptional academic credentials.
- Has 2 -4 years combined experience in-house and/or with a national law firm; in-house experience working extensively with a variety of contracts and legal matters required, preferably in the dietary supplement, sports nutrition, conventional food, pharmaceuticals, healthcare or other related industry.
- Has extensive experience reviewing, drafting, and negotiating a wide range of commercial agreements including but not limited to agency, marketing, IT, vendor/procurement or services agreements, non-disclosure agreements, and licensing and distribution agreements.
- Has familiarity with laws relevant to sales and marketing of consumer products, such as advertising, antitrust, privacy, and trade compliance.
- Has familiarity with laws relevant to sales and marketing of dietary supplements is a plus!
- Has FDA, food law or other relevant industry experience such as pharmaceutical or dietary supplements is a plus.
- Maintains a high level of professionalism at all times and possesses outstanding business judgment.
- Has experience and comfort working with and advising business clients directly.
- Must be licensed to practice in at least one state in the U.S.
- Can work in a fast-paced environment with the ability to handle multiple, competing workloads with changing priorities to meet necessary deadlines.
- Has excellent communication skills; both written and oral.
- We offer unlimited vacation time, to show our appreciation for our employee’s hard work.
- We serve and give back to our community by providing paid volunteer time off.
- We celebrate new families through our paid maternity and paternity leave.
- We value the importance of work-life integration by offering a monthly childcare stipend.
- We support our employee’s wellness journey by providing a monthly gym allowance.
- We provide our employees with monthly credits to stock up on Cellucor and XTEND products and swag.
- We are committed to our employee’s continued personal and professional development.
- We offer competitive health/dental/vision insurance including options such as HSA and flexible spending accounts.
- We invest in our employee’s future by committing to 401K matching.
For questions about your application, you may email email@example.com.