Established in 2002, Nutrabolt is a global nutritional life sciences company that specializes in sports nutrition. Distributed around the world in over 100 countries, the company’s marquee brands, Cellucor and Xtend have become uncontested category leaders in pre-workout and intra/post-workout recovery supplementation respectively. We owe our success to our innovative products, our incredible customers and our commitment to our people.
As the Global Trade Compliance Specialist, you will primarily be responsible for supporting, managing and ensuring compliance of the company’s global operations with all applicable US and local country export and import regulations and security regulations. You will work very closely with the company’s Senior Director of Global Trade Compliance.
Day in the Life of:
- You will support, manage, and enforce compliance initiatives and implement policies and procedures compliantly with company policies and operational procedures, to ensure compliance with US Customs/FDA/BIS/CBP/OFAC and other customs agencies within the export destinations, customs duties and refunds, global/regional import tax/duty reduction programs and export requirements.
- You will provide proper HTSUS classifications for finished products, components and promotional items.
- You will have a working knowledge of free trade agreements, particularly NAFTA and the US-Australia FTA, and provide blanket NAFTA Certificates of Origin for all eligible products.
- You will develop and manage a robust auditing process, including but not limited to SOPs for USDA government audits, and internal/external controls for import and export.
- You will monitor audits on import and export entry filings, including first sales, resolve discrepancies, request correction action customs administrative entry submissions as appropriate, and review transaction valuation verification methodology based upon dutiable or non-dutiable items, such as assists and royalties, etc.
- You will participate in and finalize the review of developing and determining HTS codes, units of quantity, and duty rates at the Global level within the company and with external parties. You will own this vital product and component data in our ERP system.
- You will maintain the global duty matrix for all products by region and manage this task through multiple software platforms.
- You will manage compliance training for import, export, and other trade programs as well as assist in establishing and creating a regional supply chain security program.
- You will communicate with internal and external customers/suppliers, freight forwarders/customs brokers, government agencies, and other functional areas to ensure coordination of imports and exports.
- You will keep abreast of all legislative and regulatory changes.
- You will conduct export customer screening on all export transactions.
- You will create annual export and import trade data from ACE.
- You will perform any additional duties as assigned to you.
- You will be the Subject Matter Expert on the export/import for parcel shipments of samples and promotional items world-wide.
Our Ideal Candidate:
- Has a Bachelor’s degree in Logistics, International Trade, Business, or equivalent experience.
- Has 2-3 years’ of experience with international trade and/or customs compliance experience, along with working knowledge of global regulatory requirements for food preparations and dietary supplements.
- Has a thorough knowledge of and experience with US, Canada, EU import and export regulations.
- Has a broad business acumen with a strong emphasis on leadership and teamwork.
- Has excellent analytical, audit, and organizational skills, including the ability to collect, structure, analyze, and communicate, data.
- Has excellent written and verbal communication skills and strong computer processing skills.
- Is a pro-active self-starter who is able to work independently.
- Has the ability and desire to work in a highly dynamic and changing environment.
- Has a Customs Brokers License, or is willing to pursue this certification within the first 2 years of employment.
- We offer unlimited vacation time, to promote work life balance and show our appreciation for our employee’s hard work.
- We encourage and support our employees active participation in giving back to the community by providing paid volunteer time off.
- We celebrate families through our paid maternity or paternity leave.
- We help support our employee’s fitness journeys by providing a gym allowance.
- We provide our employees with a monthly product allowance to stock up on Cellucor and Xtend products and swag.
- We are committed to our employee’s continued personal and professional development. To help support individual and team growth, we offer a fully paid LinkedIn Learning membership as well as other development tools.
- We give our employees the fuel they need to perform with access our fully stocked Cellucor and Xtend product bar and company provided meals.
- We invest in our employee’s future though 401K matching.
- We offer our employees competitive health/dental/vision insurance including options such as HSA and flexible spending accounts.