Established in 2002, Nutrabolt is a global nutritional life sciences company that specializes in sports nutrition. Distributed around the world in over 100 countries, the company’s marquee brands, Cellucor and Xtend have become uncontested category leaders in pre-workout and intra/post-workout recovery supplementation respectively. We owe our success to our innovative products, our incredible customers and our commitment to our people.
The potential candidate for Nutrabolt’s Strategic Sourcing Lead, Packaging open position will play a uniquely critical part in driving cross-functional sourcing approaches for products in the early stages of the product lifecycle, and for mature products. The Strategic Sourcing Lead, Packaging will be Nutrabolt’s subject matter expert for packaging suppliers, components, and associated costs.
The Strategic Sourcing Lead, Packaging will get to participate in the new product development process as the primary Sourcing resource for finding and selecting new product components and suppliers, with an aptitude for technical detail and manufacturing processes across a wide variety of packaging components and Co-manufacturing sites. They will also propose and help lead projects related to material cost reduction and quality improvement using a data-driven approach for existing packaging materials. This candidate has learned and understands suppliers’ processes at a technical level to better identify mutually beneficial opportunities.
Day in the Life of:
- You will collaborate with stakeholders in the development of strategic plan for packaging component categories, identifying innovative initiatives to drive savings domestically and internationally.
- You will actively manage a large number of packaging related supplier relationships, associated costs, agreements, and respective usage allocations.
- You will develop “Should Cost” modeling approach for products early in the product life cycle and present those samples and cost options to commercialization team.
- You will analyze and summarize RFQ response data and facilitate the supplier selection process from all packaging sourcing events.
- You will utilize technical competency, relevant work experience, and comprehensive package engineering knowledge throughout the new product development process.
- You will develop and ensure execution of strategies that improve the agility and reliability of the supply base in support of new product launches and line extensions.
- You will partner with suppliers and Nutrabolt’ s product team to develop and engineer packaging related components to ensure aesthetic, functional, cost, and timing objectives are met.
- You will work closely with Product Development Managers, designers, printers, brand marketing, and packaging suppliers to monitor projects moving throughout the stage gate process towards commercial launch.
- You will proactively seek out new suppliers/materials and capture market-driven cost saving opportunities through awareness of market drivers, negotiations, and synergistic opportunities while simultaneously improving quality and operating efficiencies within Nutrabolt’ s co-manufacturing base.
Our Ideal Candidate:
- Bachelor’s / Master’s degree or equivalent in Supply Chain Management, Packaging Engineering / Science, Chemical Engineering, or related discipline.
- High proficiency with all Microsoft applications.
- 3 - 7 years experience in a high turn / CPG corporate or manufacturing environment with a preference for roles in packaging engineering or procurement / sourcing.
- Experience with food, beverage, and nutraceutical packaging preferred.
- “Certified Packaging Professional” issued by the Institute of Packaging Professionals is preferred.
- Strong knowledge of commodities and global packaging markets a huge plus.
- Experience with primary and secondary packaging equipment and application preferred.
- Ability to effectively exercise tact, discretion, judgement and diplomacy when interacting and/or negotiating with internal and external customers.
- Must be able to maintain high level of accuracy while producing high volume of work under time constraints in a fast-paced, open floorplan environment.
- Ability to autonomously manage situations to which there has been no prior exposure or for which no clear road map exists.
- Flexibility to independently travel up to 25% of the time to supplier locations and industry conferences.
- We offer unlimited vacation time, to promote work life balance and show our appreciation for our employee’s hard work.
- We encourage and support our employees active participation in giving back to the community by providing paid volunteer time off.
- We celebrate families through our paid maternity or paternity leave.
- We help support our employee’s fitness journeys by providing a gym allowance.
- We provide our employees with a monthly product allowance to stock up on Cellucor and Xtend products and swag.
- We are committed to our employee’s continued personal and professional development. To help support individual and team growth, we offer a fully paid LinkedIn Learning membership as well as other development tools.
- We give our employees the fuel they need to perform with access our fully stocked Cellucor and Xtend product bar and company provided meals.
- We invest in our employee’s future though 401K matching.
- We offer our employees competitive health/dental/vision insurance including options such as HSA and flexible spending accounts.