Established in 2002, Nutrabolt is a global nutritional life sciences company that specializes in sports nutrition. Distributed around the world in over 100 countries, the company’s marquee brands, Cellucor and Xtend have become uncontested category leaders in pre-workout and intra/post-workout recovery supplementation respectively. We owe our success to our innovative products, our incredible customers and our commitment to our people.
Reporting to the Director of Quality, the Supplier Quality Manager will be responsible for managing audits, developing and deploying strategies and policies and ensuring products are in compliance with company and customer standards. The Supplier Quality Manager will have a strong understanding of cGMP compliance regulations and experience with Part 110, 111 and 117 of Title 21 including FMSA. The Supplier Quality Manager oversees all quality improvement issues related to vendors and suppliers of materials, products or services used in development or manufacture. Assesses potential new suppliers. Works with suppliers to develop and improve an entire supply chain. May be involved in purchasing.
Day in the Life of:
- You will supervise, train, motivate and develop Supplier Quality personnel.
- You will manage internal and external audit program, supplier quality management, and is the quality assurance reviewer/approver; coordinates the internal and external audit execution and reporting.
- You will identify outstanding issues, establish priorities and timeline for addressing based upon compliance risk and operational needs
- You will gather data on performance metrics to facilitate the review of program/product effectiveness, efficacy, and actions for adherence to quality.
- Under direction of the Director of Quality, you may perform or oversee the completion of certain job functions required by a certified Preventive Control Qualified Individual (PCQI).
- You will support and drive implementation of corrective and/or preventative actions as needed with supply base and internal departments
- You will support and monitor GMP manufacturing, testing and release of finished products under FDA or other applicable standards including internal standards
- You will monitor compliance level of manufacturing activities by evaluating and reporting quality data
- You will manage the review of analytical test records, raw material testing, finished product testing, stability/shelf-life studies, associated validation/qualification and the compilation of all required documentation
- You will manage, review and approve QA/QC specifications for all finished goods and raw materials/components as provided by Product Development
- You will manage internal finished goods sampling program and external retain/reserve sample program
- You will implement and lead continuous improvement plans for quality functions
- You will develop and maintain QMS including identification and monitoring of KPIs
- You will formulate and administer policies/SOPs relating to quality assurance/control and overall QMS
- You will develop, deploy and implement Supplier Quality Management strategies and associated policies, procedures, programs and initiatives that deliver quality/compliance, cost and/or operating benefit to the supply chain.
- You will support product release activities by timely review and closure of deviations, change control, CoAs, test results
- You will provide monthly summary reports to direct management
- You will participate in projects as assigned, acting as contact with other departments and communicating regularly with direct management regarding status and timeline
- You will participate in product recalls and performing mock recalls annually, as needed
- You will provide customer service and training to all employees needing assistance with cGMP/GDP
- You will interact effectively with co-workers, management and vendors in order to resolve problems
- You will perform all responsibilities in accordance with company guidelines and Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) and appropriate industry and regulatory standards, guidelines, rules, and regulations
- You will ensure ongoing and timely support of project-related activities and tasks
Our Ideal Candidate:
- Has a degree in a scientific discipline (Chemistry, Engineering, Physics, Biology) or equivalent experience
- Has a minimum of 5 years industry experience in cGMP environment, including a leadership role in QA/QC and compliance
- Has exposure to domestic and international regulatory agencies
- Has robust knowledge of Title 21 of the Code of Federal Regulations including experience with Part 110, 111 and 117 of Title 21 including FMSA
- ASQ (i.e. CQA, CHA, CQI, CQE, CQM), PCQI, or HACCP certification preferred
- Has excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Has superior attention to detail, problem solving and organizational skills
- Is able to work effectively with people and communicate information to obtain positive results
- Is capable of taking direction and completing assigned tasks on time
- Is independent and able to manage time efficiently and adjust to shifting priorities quickly
- Can work well with a diverse group of people and be a strong and dependable team player
- Must be able to work well under tight deadlines
- We offer unlimited vacation time, to promote work life balance and show our appreciation for our employee’s hard work.
- We encourage and support our employees active participation in giving back to the community by providing paid volunteer time off.
- We celebrate families through our paid maternity or paternity leave.
- We help support our employee’s fitness journeys by providing a gym allowance.
- We provide our employees with a monthly product allowance to stock up on Cellucor and Xtend products and swag.
- We are committed to our employee’s continued personal and professional development. To help support individual and team growth, we offer a fully paid LinkedIn Learning membership as well as other development tools.
- We give our employees the fuel they need to perform with access our fully stocked Cellucor and Xtend product bar and company provided meals.
- We invest in our employee’s future though 401K matching.
- We offer our employees competitive health/dental/vision insurance including options such as HSA and flexible spending accounts.