Nurx is on a mission to change the way healthcare is delivered, making it more accessible and affordable for patients, nationwide. With a specialty in sensitive health, we have built the industry-leading telehealth platform that spans consultation, diagnoses and fulfillment (right to your door!). We are committed to revolutionizing the healthcare industry and that’s where you come inNurx is transforming healthcare by delivering convenient, affordable, and personalized care that empowers patients and improves health outcomes. The leader in digital healthcare for women, Nurx combines medical providers who are passionate about patient care with cutting-edge tech solutions to offer asynchronous medical consultations and home delivery of medication and tests. We’ve provided birth control, prescription skincare, migraine treatment, PrEP, herpes medication, STI testing and more to more than 1 million patients, and we’re just getting started.
We are lucky to count Kleiner Perkins and Union Square Ventures as investors and Chelsea Clinton and former US Surgeon General Regina Benjamin as board members. We’re on a mission to make every part of getting healthy and staying healthy, better — and we’re looking for people like you to help!
About the job:
We are looking for an experienced leader to scale our IT organization as we continue to rapidly grow as a company, expand our network and develop an impressive remote experience for our distributed team. You’ll be leading the IT team to support three physical locations: our current pharmacy in Syracuse New York, our San Francisco office, as well as designing and building our 2nd pharmacy location.. We have a fantastic small team who add incredible value to the organization every single day. You will get the opportunity to mentor and grow these teammates in their careers as well as design the IT organization to support and scale Nurx into the future.
What you’ll do:
- Lead the IT organization comprised of a distributed team
- Develop and execute an IT vision and strategy for the next stages of Nurx
- Design and build multiple physical locations from corporate offices to Nurx pharmacies
- Provide IT corporate support and infrastructure for remote and multiple physical locations
- Partner effectively with cross-functional teams - understand their business needs and be a technology thought leader
- Recruit and retain a talented team via hiring new talent as well as growing existing team members in their careers
- Collaborate closely with the technology leadership team to evolve and scale our technology culture
- Be a thought leader in IT security and work to increase awareness and best practices across the organization
- Design and deploy a heterogenous IT environment (Windows/Mac/Chromebook)
- Manage corporate network services
- Manage the IT budget, track spending and inventory, and negotiate with third-party vendors
A bit about you:
- 10 years of relevant IT experience
- 5 years of experience in a leadership role
- Experience with modern SaaS technologies like GSuite, Slack, Atlassian tools
- Confident understanding of cloud technologies like AWS and Azure
- Prior experience with SOC2 compliance programs
We get excited about candidates who:
- Have previous experience in a healthcare environment and exposure to HIPAA compliance practices
We know there’s no such thing as a “perfect” candidate - we’re all a work in progress and are growing new skills and capabilities all the time. Nurx welcomes those who are enthusiastic about learning and evolving, so however you identify and whatever your background, if this looks like a role where you could do work that excites you, we hope you’ll apply.
- Talented and collaborative team who will both support and challenge you.
- Market competitive salary and equity.
- Medical, dental, commuter, wellness, and engineering technology benefits.
- 401(k) retirement plan.
- Paid holiday, vacation, and sick leave.
- Take what you need vacation (and we really mean it!).
This position is full-time and based in San Francisco, or can be full-time remote.