Nurx is on a mission to change the way healthcare is delivered, making it more accessible and affordable for patients, nationwide. With a specialty in sensitive health, we have built the industry-leading telehealth platform that spans consultation, diagnoses and fulfillment (right to your door). We are committed to revolutionizing the healthcare industry and that’s where you come in!
Today we have more than 300,000 patients, are growing 90% year-over-year, and operate in 30 states. We are lucky to count Kleiner Perkins and Union Square Ventures as investors and Chelsea Clinton and Regina Benjamin as Board Members.
About the job:
You will be the first Android engineer on a small, scrappy team working to delight and excite existing Nurx patients, and helping influence cross-adoption across the variety of service lines that Nurx offers. Your work will focus on product improvements, streamlining user flows, and creating engaging new features that impact the health and wellbeing of all our patients.
If you are interested in autonomy, driving product decisions, and are excited to have ownership over an app that serves thousands of people, this role is for you!
You will be influential in helping to brainstorm all the ways an app can improve someone's healthcare experience, utilize data and metrics to prioritize those ideas, pitch them, get buy-in from other teams, and see them through the requirements, design, implementation and testing phases to release. You will also have ownership over writing much of the API code needed to support your awesome frontend ideas.
You will have the opportunity to add native features and rebuild aspects of the app natively over time, ultimately choosing to build native wherever it makes sense in order to achieve the best patient experience and serve the core Nurx business needs. Some examples of potential projects on our roadmap include Push Notifications, an Android Wear app, Google Health integration, and accessibility improvements.
There is tremendous growth potential for the Nurx Android app and we hope you will be an enthusiastic advocate for Android users and their needs, and find great success in demonstrating strong engagement and retention amongst our Android patients.
- You have shipped and maintained at least one native or hybrid web/native Android application which you were the lead or sole developer on, at medium-to-large scale (~10k+ users). Having independently driven projects of significant scope is much more important to us than how many years you've been working.
- You have solid experience in Java or Kotlin and backend development (especially API design), or substantial native experience and a strong desire to jump into web.
- You care deeply about the user experience and are ready to speak up to both peers and superiors when you have an idea for improving it, while simultaneously evaluating tradeoffs between implementation time, maintainability, and impact.
- You feel confident in your ability to self-regulate and get work done on your own schedule while working within a distributed, remote team.
We know there’s no such thing as a “perfect” candidate - we’re all a work in progress and are growing new skills and capabilities all the time. Nurx welcomes those who are enthusiastic about learning and evolving, so however you identify and whatever your background, if this looks like a role where you could do work that excites you, we hope you’ll apply. On this team in particular, given its small size and unique role in the company, we will weigh attitude, drive, and demonstration of ownership more heavily than technical experience.
- Talented and collaborative team who will both support and challenge you.
- Market competitive salary and equity.
- Medical, dental, commuter, wellness, and engineering technology benefits.
- 401(k) retirement plan.
- Paid holiday, vacation, and sick leave.
- Take what you need vacation (and we really mean it!).