The primary duties of this role include the receipt and counting of inventory and storage strategy of stock throughout the pharmacy.
Essential Duties and Functions:
- Provides Inventory Specialists with appropriate support on receipt of medications including counting, system receiving, and put-away.
- Maintain accurate inventory and stock supplies; ensure organization and order of pharmacy at all times.
- Prioritize and multitask to complete the processing for time-sensitive medications.
- Ensures packaging waste is organized and disposed of properly.
- Assists the inventory specialist with inventory cycle counting.
- Maintain patient confidentiality and HIPAA compliance.
- Report any misconduct, suspicious or unethical activities to the Compliance Officer.
- Ensure ongoing compliance with all laws and regulations; ensure that the pharmacy meets or exceeds accreditation standards; and implement “best practices” in all pharmacy activities.
- Participate in the pharmacy’s performance improvement program as requested by the Performance Improvement Coordinator.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Knowledge - the individual has experience with inventory and stocking.
- Organization - the individual prioritizes and plans work activities, uses time efficiently and possesses the ability to multitask and meet deadlines.
- Oral communication - the individual speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations and demonstrates group presentation skills.
- Written communication - the individual edits work for spelling and grammar, presents numerical data effectively and is able to read and interpret written information.
- Problem solving - the individual identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner, gathers and analyzes information skillfully, and maintains confidentiality.
- Quality control - the individual demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness, monitors own work to ensure quality and is self-motivated and results oriented. Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Adaptability - the individual adapts to changes in the work environment, manages competing demands, is able to deal and take action with frequent change, delays or unexpected events, and possesses the ability to create and break relationships.
- Team player - the individual works well with others in a team environment which is fast-paced and demands creativity, energy and excellence.
To perform the job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential function satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to evaluate options and make efficient decisions.
- Organizational skills sufficient to maintain consistently accurate records.
- Computer skills that include proficiency with multiple programs and use of the internet and email.
- Manual dexterity, arm and upper body range of motion sufficient for use of a keyboard, mouse and telephone 7-8 hours per day.
- Speech and hearing sufficient for in-person communication 7-8 hours per day.
- Vision sufficient for use of a computer monitor.
- Ability to stand and walk for a minimum of 8 hours per day.
- Ability to reach stock shelving by bending down or utilizing an OSHA approved ladder/step-stool.
- Ability to unload boxes from trucks and lift up to 60lbs.
- Ability to operate a pallet jack and/or dolly
The job description is not meant to be an all-inclusive statement of the duties of the position listed above. Other appropriate duties may be required from time to time.
At Nurx, we’re creating a future where healthcare is easily accessible and affordable for everyone and building software that empowers people to be in control of decisions about their own health.
Our platform enables doctors to give patients personalized care at lower costs and prescriptions delivered straight to their door. We are committed to disrupting the healthcare system and increasing access to healthcare for millions across the country, starting with birth control and PrEP.
And we need you to help us continue to make this happen.