Nurx is on a mission to change the way healthcare is delivered, making it more accessible and affordable for patients, nationwide. With a specialty in sensitive health, we have built the industry-leading telehealth platform that spans consultation, diagnoses and fulfillment (right to your door!). We are committed to revolutionizing the healthcare industry and that’s where you come in!
Today we have more than 300,000 patients, are growing 90% year-over-year, and operate in 30 states. We are lucky to count Kleiner Perkins and Union Square Ventures as investors and Chelsea Clinton and Regina Benjamin as Board Members.
About the job:
We are looking for Registered Nurses eager to be at the forefront of a new model of care delivery that leverages telemedicine to challenge the status quo in healthcare and achieve outcomes not possible with conventional office-based practice.This remote nursing position, provides triage and nursing assessment by responding to electronic portal messages from patients with clinical questions and concerns. Registered nurses will provide age appropriate, population specific asynchronous nursing care and advice in a compassionate, caring, culturally and ethnically sensitive manner. This position will be responsible for patient triage, nursing assessments, collaboration with providers and other departments, and provision of quality patient care in compliance with state and federal regulations.
- Provide daily asynchronous patient education/counseling on the use, safety, and side effects of medications prescribed by Nurx medical providers and the clinical conditions Nurx manages, including, mental health, contraception, PrEP for HIV prevention, herpes treatment and prevention, STI testing and treatment, migraine treatment and prevention, acne and other related service lines launching in 2021 and beyond.
- Assess patient’s educational/clinical needs, prioritizing and individualizing the information provided to each patient
- Review medical history with patients in preparation for prescriber review for medications or lab orders
- Collaborate with providers (MDs, NPs, PAs) and other nurses to arrange for further follow-up, when needed
- Consult with other members of the healthcare team to solve problems and seek advice.
- Support a proactive, multidisciplinary team approach directed toward prevention, education and health promotion
- Ensure the well-being of patients and provide a positive, supportive environment for patients and other staff.
Other responsibilities may include:
- Counseling and treatment disposition for patients with positive STI results
- Provide input to help improve clinical processes
- Other duties, as assigned
- Must possess an A.A.S. degree or higher, from an accredited school of nursing.
- Three years clinical experience in Primary Care and/or Behavioral Health.
- This position is remote, but primary residence must be one of the following: CA, TX, CO, NY, MA, FL, OH, GA or WA
- Active, unrestricted license compact license.
- Must be willing and eligible to apply for licensure in all non-compact states as well
- Demonstrated computer competencies including electronic medical record experience
- Comfort in counseling on sensitive health issues, such as birth control, PrEP, and STIs
- Training in Crisis Prevention Intervention, preferred
- Must possess excellent verbal and written communication skills in order to interact with patients, colleagues, supervisors, medical staff and other departments
You may be the perfect fit if you are:
- Have training/experience in mental health management, suicide prevention and patient deescalation.
- Looking for a remote role where you can apply your nursing expertise to provide unparalleled patient care
- Skilled at using online tools and technology to deliver care and communicate with patients.
- Enthusiastic about providing unparalleled clinical customer service through the delivery of prompt and empathetic care to our patients.
- Excited to work in a fast-paced startup environment where processes may change quickly and frequently.
- Self-directed, detail oriented, motivated and able to work independently but also a solid team member as well as in a team atmosphere who can be counted on to meet commitments.
- Eager to engage in constant process improvement to help us refine our tools and operations for improved care delivery.
Schedule: Full time, varied shifts Monday-Sunday. 4- 10 hour shifts per week, including weekend coverage.
This position is based in Miami, FL. Remote candidates are welcome to apply.