Staff Infrastructure Engineer
Nurx is on a mission to change the way healthcare is delivered, making it more accessible and affordable for patients, nationwide. With a specialty in sensitive health, we have built the industry-leading telehealth platform that spans consultation, diagnoses and fulfillment (right to your door). We are committed to revolutionizing the healthcare industry and that’s where you come in!
Today we have more than 300,000 patients, are growing 90% year-over-year, and operate in 30 states. We are lucky to count Kleiner Perkins and Union Square Ventures as investors and Chelsea Clinton and Regina Benjamin as Board Members.
About the Infrastructure Team
The Infrastructure team is responsible for Nurx’s multi-cloud platform infrastructure. As the backbone of Nurx’s platform, this team is dedicated to the reliability and stability of our service, as well as the experience of the engineer as they develop and evolve our architecture.
About the job:
Nurx is looking for experienced Staff Infrastructure Engineers to join our growing engineering team. As a staff-level member of the team, you will be responsible for reliability, architecture, and evolution of our AWS infrastructure and continuous deployment pipeline with the focus on developer experience at Nurx. You will be a role model on system design, cloud best practices, and the reliability, observability, and performance of our platform.
What You’ll do:
- Support the availability and reliability of Nurx’s production environments.
- Build tools and technology to increase developer productivity.
- Build observability tooling on the health and function of our environments.
- Participate in an on-call rotation with the engineering team.
- Take a significant role in our transition from a monolith to microservice architecture.
- Use Terraform, Ansible, and Salt to automate and maintain our environments.
- Proactively mitigate security issues and vulnerabilities across all layers of our infrastructure.
A bit about you:
- 7+ years of experience in an infrastructure role working with AWS, GCP, or Azure.
- Proficiency in coding with modern programming languages.
- Strong understanding of Linux system, networking, and network protocols.
- Able to calmly and efficiently debug, troubleshoot, and resolve complex technical issues.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills conducive to teamwork and collaboration.
- Self-driven, curious, and a strong sense of ownership.
We know there’s no such thing as a “perfect” candidate - we’re all a work in progress and are growing new skills and capabilities all the time. Nurx welcomes those who are enthusiastic about learning and evolving, so however you identify and whatever your background, if this looks like a role where you could do work that excites you, we hope you’ll apply.
At Nurx, we’re creating a future where healthcare is easily accessible and affordable for everyone. We are building a platform that empowers people to be in control of their health and make informed decisions about their own bodies.
Nurx enables doctors to give more patients personalized care at lower costs; and patients can receive prescriptions delivered straight to their door. We are committed to revolutionizing the healthcare system and increasing access to healthcare for millions across the country, starting with birth control, PrEP, and HPV screens.
- Talented and collaborative team who will both support and challenge you.
- Market competitive salary and equity.
- Medical, dental, commuter, wellness, and engineering technology benefits.
- 401(k) retirement plan.
- Paid holiday, vacation, and sick leave.
- Take what you need vacation (and we really mean it!).