The primary duties of this role include the efficient and accurate filling of prescriptions. Additionally, this role is responsible for assessing patient charts for drug interactions and contraindications. This is a full-time temporary position.
Essential Duties and Functions:
- Manage the prescription workflow and ensure 100% dispensing accuracy for all medications dispensed from the pharmacy.
- Provide appropriate counseling information and patient directions for all medications dispensed.
- Prioritize and multitask to complete processing for time-sensitive medications.
- Consult and share expertise across broader Nurx team regarding best practices, medications, side effects, generic equivalents, and pharmacy processes.
- Maintain patient confidentiality and HIPAA compliance.
- Report any misconduct, suspicious or unethical activities to the Compliance Officer.
- Ensure ongoing compliance with all laws and regulations; ensure that the pharmacy meets or exceeds accreditation standards; and implement “best practices” in all pharmacy activities.
- Participate in the pharmacy’s performance improvement program as requested by the Performance Improvement Coordinator.
- Other duties may be assigned.
- Knowledge - the individual has experience with a variety of training field concepts, practices and procedures. The individual has knowledge of pharmacy guidelines, operations and ability to resolve concerns relating to them.
- Organization - the individual prioritizes and plans work activities, uses time efficiently and possesses the ability to multitask and meet deadlines.
- Oral communication - the individual speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations and demonstrates group presentation skills.
- Written communication - the individual edits work for spelling and grammar, presents numerical data effectively and is able to read and interpret written information.
- Problem solving - the individual identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner, gathers and analyzes information skillfully, and maintains confidentiality.
- Quality control - the individual demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness, monitors own work to ensure quality and is self-motivated and results oriented. Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Adaptability - the individual adapts to changes in the work environment, manages competing demands, is able to deal and take action with frequent change, delays or unexpected events, and possesses the ability to create and break relationships.
- Team player - the individual works well with others in a team environment which is fast-paced and demands creativity, energy and excellence. Ability to direct the workflow of team members in their work cell.
To perform the job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential function satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Doctor of Pharmacy or Bachelor degree from ACPE accredited program.
- Registered Pharmacist in NY.
- Must not be included on the List of Excluded Individuals and Entities (LEIE) by OIG.
- Counseling experience in preventive medicine or women’s health.
- Licensed in other states, or interested in obtaining licensing in additional states.
- Experience with SuiteRx
- Manual dexterity, arm and upper body range of motion sufficient for use of a keyboard, mouse and telephone 7-8 hours per day.
- Speech and hearing sufficient for in-person and telephone communication 7-8 hours per day.
- Vision sufficient for use of a computer monitor.
- Ability to sit or stand at a desk for 7-8 hours per day.
The job description is not meant to be an all-inclusive statement of the duties of the position listed above. Other appropriate duties may be required from time to time.
At Nurx, we’re creating a future where healthcare is easily accessible and affordable for everyone and building software that empowers people to be in control of decisions about their own health.
Our platform enables doctors to give patients personalized care at lower costs and prescriptions delivered straight to their door. We are committed to disrupting the healthcare system and increasing access to healthcare for millions across the country, starting with birth control and PrEP.
And we need you to help us continue to make this happen.