Nurx is looking for an experienced Staff Software Engineer to join the Core Services team.
Nurx is on a mission to change the way healthcare is delivered, making it more accessible and affordable for patients, nationwide. With a specialty in sensitive health, we have built the industry-leading telehealth platform that spans consultation, diagnoses and fulfillment (right to your door!). We are committed to revolutionizing the healthcare industry and that’s where you come in!
Today we have more than 300,000 patients, are growing 90% year-over-year, and operate in 30 states. We are lucky to count Kleiner Perkins and Union Square Ventures as investors and Chelsea Clinton and Regina Benjamin as Board Members.
About the Core Services team:
The Core Services team is responsible for building and maintaining the tools used by Nurx’s engineering team. As the backbone of the Nurx engineering, this team is dedicated to making our engineers as productive as possible. From the api framework to managing our production data to deployment, our impact reaches across the stack to enable a better developer experience.
About the job:
Nurx is looking for experienced Staff Software Engineers to join our growing engineering team. You'll be responsible for technical decisions that impact our whole engineering team. Candidates for this role will be passionate about system design, well written code, and testing, and excel at coming up with simple approaches to complex problems.
Our engineering team values craftsmanship, inclusivity, being data-driven and humble. Although we are a distributed team, we lean on collaboration, transparency and open-communication.
What you'll do:
- Build and maintain the API framework including model design, engineer throughput, versioning, correctness, and accounting for all edge cases of http.
- Iterate on our deployment process. Focusing on design, implementation, and debugging issues
- Scale our test framework to ensure reliability and ease of use
- Create actionable metric alarming and acknowledgement of alert fatigue
- Passion for code quality which includes the architecture, general syntax, and styling
- Make our production issue triage simpler via logging frameworks, error codes, and bug assignment
- Contribute to our auditing framework that helps alarm on user patterns and sensitive data
- Improve developer onboarding
A bit about you:
- 7+ years experience working for a tech-focused company
- BS in Computer Science, Math, or equivalent work experience. Experience writing good software is a suitable replacement for a technical degree
- Mastery in one of our main technologies: PostgreSQL, Node.js, TypeScript
- Strong architecture and system design skills
- Writes readable, maintainable, testable, and performant code
- Passion for software development processes and engineering culture
- Can evaluate tradeoffs between implementation time, maintainability, and impact
- You are someone that respectfully challenges the norm and isn’t afraid to voice their opinion
- Embody and work by our company values: Patient First, Dare to be Better, In This together, Own It, Do the Right Thing
We get excited about candidates who:
- Have strong leadership experience: Leading meetings, presenting, technical go to person, and cross-functional leader.
- Prior Tech Lead experience.
- Talented and collaborative team who will both support and challenge you.
- Market competitive salary and equity.
- Medical, dental, commuter, wellness, and engineering technology benefits.
- 401(k) retirement plan.
- Paid holiday, vacation, and sick leave.
- Take what you need vacation (and we really mean it!).