Nurx is looking for Patient Care Associates who are driven by our mission of putting our patients in control of their own healthcare. We are adding key players to our team who are empathetic, upbeat, proactive, and organized when responding to our patient’s needs. Additionally, the Patient Care Team is passionate about details and adhering to safe and compliant procedures that positively impact our patient’s health. A Patient Care role at Nurx means being creative about solving problems, feeling empowered to work independently, with the ability to think outside the box.
Nurx is on a mission to change the way healthcare is delivered, making it more accessible and affordable for patients, nationwide. With a specialty in sensitive health, we have built the industry-leading telehealth platform that spans consultation, diagnoses and fulfillment (right to your door). We are committed to revolutionizing the healthcare industry and that’s where you come in!
Today we have more than 275,000 patients, are growing 90% year-over-year, and operate in 30 states. We are lucky to count Kleiner Perkins and Union Square Ventures as investors and Chelsea Clinton and Regina Benjamin as Board Members.
What You Can Expect
- Provide immediate assistance to Providers in cases when urgent care for patient is needed.
- Ready patient requests for providers; to include reviewing pharmacy interactions and patient insurance.
- Spend 95% of your time focused on supporting our patients through the Nurx platform or on the phone.
- Coordinate logistics associated with prescription insurance and medication delivery.
- Advocate on the patient's behalf with insurance companies and pharmacies.
- Anticipate potential challenges that the patient might experience and collaborate with them and Nurx team members to improve the end-to-end patient experience.
- Keep organized records of patient interactions.
- One year of experience in a medical practice where an understanding of medical terminology was obtained.
- Must have experience in Family Practice, Internal Medicine, OBGYN and/or Sexual/Sensitive Health
- Remote role - but primary residence must be in Florida, Colorado, Ohio, New York, Texas or California
- Great verbal and written communication skills - you’ll be the main point of contact between Nurx and our patients
- Attention to detail - the details make all the difference
- Service mindset - you put yourself in other people’s shoes, act with empathy, and communicate clearly, kindly, and directly with patients and internal team members.
- Willing to go above and beyond to help people navigate a complex industry.
- Connection to Nurx’s mission.
- Savvy with technology.
- Ability to quickly adjust to new processes and technology improvements.
- Flexibility with a desire to think outside the box and grow with the Nurx Team.
- Integrity and pride in your work.
- A quiet place in your home to receive inbound and place outbound calls.
- Full time, varied shifts Monday-Sunday. 4- 10 hour shifts per week, including 1 weekend day per week.
- Reliable at home internet with a download speed of at least 25 Mbps and an upload speed of at least 5 Mbps
We believe healthcare should be unconditional. It doesn’t matter who you are or what you get up to in your own time. You deserve to be treated quickly and with compassion. That’s why we’re pioneering a new type of healthcare that’s easier and smarter, one in which vital medications and tests are accessible and affordable to everyone. No ifs, no buts. Nurx is built to deliver on the three things everyone needs from their healthcare. Choice, so you can make positive decisions about your own body. Control, so you can plan ahead and look after yourself without complication. And freedom, so your access to medication is never blocked by cost, bureaucracy, geography, stigma, or anything else. The Nurx team is composed of world class physicians, business leaders, and industry experts. Together we're working to make healthcare more accessible and simpler for everyone.
This position is full-time and remote position.