Nurx is on a mission to change the way healthcare is delivered, making it more accessible and affordable for patients, nationwide. With a specialty in sensitive health, we have built the industry-leading telehealth platform that spans consultation, diagnoses and fulfillment (right to your door). We are committed to revolutionizing the healthcare industry and that’s where you come in!
Today we have more than 200,000 patients, are growing 90% year-over-year, and operate in 26 states. We are lucky to count Kleiner Perkins and Union Square Ventures as investors and Chelsea Clinton and Regina Benjamin as Board Members.
About the job:
Nurx is looking for a Financial Controller to join our growing team. As Nurx’s Corporate Controller, you are responsible for accounting, tax, payroll operations, equity administration and maintenance of systems, controls and procedures. You will lead a team to support Nurx’s financial operations and will also further implement systems and processes to support our growth. This role reports to the CFO.
What You'll Do:
- Hire, manage and coach a, performance-oriented accounting organization, capable of growing with the business.
- Manage all accounting operations including Billing, A/R, A/P, GL, Payroll and Revenue Recognition.
- Responsible for the preparation of accurate and timely monthly, quarterly and year-end close processes and the preparation of internal and external. financial statements in accordance with GAAP.
- Develop and execute roadmap for implementing/improving processes and controls to scale the accounting function and safeguard assets.
- Develop strategy for future system implementations and enhancements/upgrades to existing systems.
- Provide subject matter expertise on implementation of accounting policies.
- Oversee audit processes and proactively communicate with auditors on accounting for complex transactions.
- Ensure compliance with local, state, and federal tax compliance.
A bit about you:
- Proven working experience as a Controller, an Assistant Controller or Director of Accounting in a business with hardware or inventory.
- Demonstrated leadership of a high functioning accounting organization and track record of driving strong financial performance.
- 10+ years of overall combined accounting and finance experience with 4+ years of people management experience.
- Experience with Netsuite.
- Experience evolving processes, controls and systems to support a growth stage company.
- Experience managing relationships with external auditors.
- Advanced degree in Accounting, Big Four accounting experience, CPA preferred.
- Talented and collaborative team who will both support and challenge you.
- Market competitive salary and equity.
- Medical, dental, commuter, and wellness benefits.
- 401(k) retirement plan.
- Paid holiday, vacation, and sick leave.
- Take what you need vacation (and we really mean it!).
This position is full-time and based in San Francisco, CA.