Nurx is looking for an experienced Security Engineer who will take ownership of security-related services like our SIEM, IDS and HIDS. This will include maintaining the services and the infrastructure they are running on as well as ensuring they meet all requirements as they change.
Part of your work will include Reporting to the Head of Security & Compliance, you'll partner with the Infrastructure and Core Services teams to identify and reduce risk; assist in defining and maintaining a SDLC; and improve and work on our configuration and deployment systems.
This is a rare opportunity to join a high-growth startup environment where you have the ability to impact the lives of millions by helping reinvent the healthcare system. We’re building a system to support delivery of medical care in a modern and truly empathetic way.
What you’ll do:
- Own the infrastructure threat model, as well as architect, test, and harden the production, staging, and test environments.
- Support the Infrastructure Team with planning, auditing and rolling out services.
- Find vulnerabilities in our infrastructure and fix or mitigate them.
- Facilitate root cause analysis of system issues.
- Support teams during incidents and forensics.
- Serve as subject matter expert on DevOps practices.
- Research, design and develop internal security tooling.
A bit about you:
- Minimum 5 years experience in DevOps or software engineering with 2 years experience in a security-related role.
- Experience with an AWS environment, cloud concepts, and tools.
- Working knowledge of security frameworks and regulatory compliance such as HIPAA.
- Familiarity with NodeJS, Python, and mobile application development.
- Experience with tools and techniques for network and system security like snort, Wireshark and Wazuh.
- Ability to research technical topics and present them in clear, concise technical documents.
- Ability to automate information security monitoring and mitigation actions in a mainstream scripting language.
- Experience integrating static code analysis, vulnerability scanning, and other security tooling in the continuous integration and delivery process.
Nice to Haves:
- Familiarity with digital forensics procedures and tools.
- Ability to build and maintain secure web applications.
- Experience securing services leveraged during development like CIs, repository managers and CD pipelines.
- Ability to serve as subject matter expert on software engineering practices like OWASP Top 10.
- Experience as subject matter expert during an audit.
- Penetration, Red Team or Blue Team experience
- Passionate about improving the state of healthcare in the United States and beyond.
At Nurx, we’re creating a future where healthcare is easily accessible and affordable for everyone and building software that empowers people to be in control of decisions about their own health.
Our platform enables doctors to give patients personalized care at lower costs and prescriptions delivered straight to their door. We are committed to disrupting the healthcare system and increasing access to healthcare for millions across the country, starting with birth control, PrEP, and take home testing kits for HIV, STI's, & HPV.
- Talented and collaborative team who will both support and challenge you.
- Market competitive salary and equity.
- Medical, dental, vision, FSA, commuter, and wellness benefits.
- 401(k) retirement plan.
- Paid holidays, vacation, and sick leave.
- Take what you need vacation (and we really mean it!).
This position is full-time and based in San Francisco, CA.