Join a mission-driven telehealth company that is disrupting the healthcare industry. Nurx provides patients with safe, effective, efficient, affordable, adherent and judgement-free access to birth control, STI (sexually transmitted disease) and PrEP (HIV prevention) care. Nurx seeks a talented and energetic attorney to join our expanding legal team who will have an opportunity to make a big impact that is felt throughout the entire company.
You’ll be drafting and negotiating a wide variety of commercial arrangements with vendors and partners. You’ll also be providing sound legal advice to clients with respect to commercial terms, business operations, corporate transactions, marketing content and product development. This attorney will report to the Associate General Counsel.
As an early team member, you will contribute to building a legal department from the ground up and setting the culture for the team. You will also have an opportunity to develop or expand your legal knowledge and skills, including in the healthcare regulatory area. You’ll need to be proactive and engaged, able to work well cross-functionally both internally and externally, excited about technology and revolutionizing healthcare, and ready to roll your sleeves up and dig into tough legal problems to reach a creative solution.
What you'll do:
- Draft and negotiate a wide variety of commercial arrangements across all areas of the business.
- Support continuous improvements of forms, policies, and processes to help streamline, simplify, and automate the procurement contracting processes.
- Work closely with our product and engineering teams to provide advice on legal issues during development of new products and features.
- Advise on a wide range of legal and regulatory issues with an eye toward collaborative problem solving.
- Lead and take charge of special legal projects from start to finish.
- Remain up-to-date on relevant healthcare, consumer protection, advertising, IP, and privacy laws and regulations to ensure an ongoing ability to provide sound compliance advice.
- Manage our contracts database and create and update our form legal agreements.
- Think ahead, see around corners, and help to prepare for legal issues that may arise in the future.
A bit about you:
- A J.D. from a top-tier law school and membership with at least one state bar (preferably California).
- A minimum of 3-5 years of related experience working at a leading law firm or in-house (in-house experience, especially at a tech company or healthcare, a plus).
- A successful track record of managing contract negotiations drafting from start to finish.
- Comfortable and adept at balancing legal risk and business needs.
- Works well in a fast-paced, dynamic work environment.
- Detailed oriented without losing sight of the big picture.
- The ability to provide clear, concise legal advice, and work effectively cross-functionally to drive resolutions and closure.
- A team player with excellent judgement and a great sense of humor.
Bonus points for:
- Familiarity with legal issues affecting the healthcare, pharmacy and e-commerce spaces.
- Familiarity with corporate transactions, including equity arrangements.
At Nurx, we’re creating a future where healthcare is easily accessible and affordable for everyone. We are building a platform that empowers people to be in control of their health and make informed decisions about their own bodies.
Nurx enables doctors to give more patients personalized care at lower costs; and patients can receive prescriptions delivered straight to their door. We are committed to revolutionizing the healthcare system and increasing access to healthcare for millions across the country, starting with birth control, PrEP, and HPV screens. That’s where you come in!
- Talented and collaborative team who will both support and challenge you.
- Market competitive salary and equity.
- Medical, dental, commuter, and wellness benefits.
- 401(k) retirement plan.
- Paid holidays, vacation, and sick leave.
- Take what you need vacation (and we really mean it!).
This position is full-time and based in San Francisco, CA.