Nurx is building a core clinical team driven by our mission to put the healthcare system back to work for patients. We are looking for registered nurses eager to be at the forefront of a new model of care delivery and ready to push the envelope of telemedicine care just a little bit.
- Review medical history with patients in preparation for prescriber review
- Provide patient counseling on the use, safety, and side effects of medications prescribed through Nurx
Other responsibilities will include:
- Counseling and treatment disposition for patients with positive STI results
- Complete and submit required public health reporting for positive STI results
- Complete and submit prior authorization requests as needed
- The Registered Nurse may also contribute to other areas of the business related to clinical care, such as development of counseling resources for patients, process improvement, and audits of clinical quality and operations.
- Registered Nurse in good standing, Compact license preferred
- Primary care experience preferred
- Active license in at least one of our current states of service - active compact license a plus
- Must be willing and eligible to apply for licensure in all 50 states
- Preference for candidates with Women’s Health, Community Health clinic, and/or Health Department work experience
- Comfort in counseling on birth control, Truvada for PrEP, and STIs
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills - Spanish speaking a plus
- Availability to train during day shift hours: Monday-Friday, 8am-5pm
You may be a great fit if you are...
- Skilled at using online tools and technology to deliver care and communicate with patients
- Enthusiastic about providing unparalleled clinical customer service through the delivery of prompt and empathetic care to our patients
- Excited to work in a fast-paced startup environment where you occasionally may be asked to work in nontraditional roles and where processes may change quickly and frequently
- Self-motivated and thrive in environments that offer a high degree of autonomy
- Eager to engage in constant process improvement to help us refine our tools and operations for improved care delivery
Nurx is an exciting startup based in San Francisco aiming to revolutionize the way basic healthcare services are delivered to patients. We have developed a cutting edge telemedicine platform that streamlines care for both patients and providers, enabling an accessible and scalable service that has already delighted many thousands of patients and is poised to benefit millions more across the nation.
Patients are ready for healthcare delivery that matches the innovation and accessibility they’ve come to expect from other service sectors, and Nurx is putting that capability in their hands.
We currently offer three service lines: birth control (both regular pills, patches, and rings as well as emergency contraception), Truvada for PrEP, home HPV testing, and home STI testing. Patients access the service through our iOS and Android apps or mobile- and desktop-friendly website. We currently provide services in CA, CO, DC, IL, IN, FL, GA, KY, MA, MI, MN, MO, NC, NY, NJ, OH, PA, TX, VA, and WA.
At Nurx, we’re creating a future where healthcare is easily accessible and affordable for everyone and building software that empowers people to be in control of decisions about their own health.
Our platform enables doctors to give patients personalized care at lower costs and prescriptions delivered straight to their door. We are committed to disrupting the healthcare system and increasing access to healthcare for millions across the country, starting with birth control and PrEP. And we need you to help us continue to make this happen.
This position is full-time and based in Miami, FL.