Nurx is looking for a Data Engineer who will help us build infrastructure to answer complex business and health questions through data. This is a rare opportunity to help create a data-driven culture from the ground up and impact the lives of millions by helping reinvent the healthcare system. We’re building a system to support delivery of medical care in a modern and truly empathetic way.
On this team, you’ll work closely with Product, Operations, Finance, Marketing and Engineering. You’ll be reporting to the Head of Data & Research and will engage with all aspects of Nurx. The infrastructure you help create will hold business and clinical structured and unstructured data, and will scale with the organization to drive operational efficiency to increase our ability to better our patient’s health.
What you’ll do:
- Create and maintain data pipelines and processes that fetch and store data in an efficient and easy to access manner.
- Help build infrastructure to aggregate data from several sources and make it readily available for analyses.
- Optimize existing ETLs to make them resilient to data failures, and scale with size.
- Take an active role in key strategic decision making and analytics across the company.
- Help Nurx develop its “Big Data” strategy - particularly helping evolve our distributed computing and machine learning capacity growth.
- Flex into other areas of the organizations to help drive data driven decision making. Assist the Product, Finance, and Engineering teams derive key insights as needed.
- Engage with stakeholders to understand business problems and translate their questions into insights and easily digestible summaries.
A bit about you:
- Minimum of 2 years of experience in data[base] engineering, data science, or product engineering.
- Experience with various AWS services.
- Experience with database engineering, Postgres preferred.
- Experience with containerization and building virtual environments.
- Experience with one or many of: Airflow, DBT, PySpark, Flink, Kafka, Presto.
- Competent understanding of file systems and knowledge of HDFS, and other distributed file systems.
- Bachelor’s Degree in: Math, Finance, Economics, Statistics, Data Science, Physics or related field.
- Proven experience with Data Collection via ETLs and an understanding of data warehouse organization.
- Strong comfort with manipulating complex data structures in Python, R, Scala, or other programmatic data focused languages.
- Some understanding of statistical principles.
- Ability to understand how data should be structured for analytical purposes..
Nice to Haves:
- Passionate about improving the state of healthcare in the United States and beyond.
- Bonus points if you’ve used and understand Splunk or Mode.
At Nurx, we’re creating a future where healthcare is easily accessible and affordable for everyone and building software that empowers people to be in control of decisions about their own health.
Our platform enables doctors to give patients personalized care at lower costs and prescriptions delivered straight to their door. We are committed to disrupting the healthcare system and increasing access to healthcare for millions across the country, starting with birth control and PrEP.
- Talented and collaborative team who will both support and challenge you.
- Market competitive salary and equity.
- Medical, dental, commuter, wellness, and engineering technology benefits.
- 401(k) retirement plan.
- Paid holiday, vacation, and sick leave.
- Take what you need vacation (and we really mean it!).
This position is full-time and based in San Francisco, CA.