Nurx is looking for a Data Analyst who loves answering complex business and health questions through data. This is a rare opportunity to help build a data-driven culture from the ground up and impact the lives of millions by helping reinvent the healthcare system. We’re building a system to support delivery of medical care in a modern and truly empathetic way.
On this team, you’ll work closely with Engineering, Product, Operations, and Finance to analyze and mine data available internally to help drive process. You’ll be reporting to the Head of Data & Research and will engage with all aspects of Nurx to discover insights on how to drive operational efficiency, help plan for staffing, and most importantly, increase our ability to better our patient’s health.
What you’ll do:
- Deliver the insights necessary to help Nurx scale its Operations and Medical teams.
- Build intuitive dashboards to empower other team members with actionable data.
- Identify, track, and report regularly on key operational performance metrics.
- Develop quantitative analysis, ad-hoc reports, and models to support key operations decisions, including staffing plans, process optimizations, and personnel performance management.
- Take an active role in tracking and analytics across the company.
- Flex into other areas of the organizations to help drive data driven decision making. Assist the Product, Finance, and Engineering teams derive key insights as needed.
- Engage with stakeholders to understand business problems and translate their questions into insights and easily digestible summaries.
A bit about you:
- Proven ability to write, optimize and execute complex SQL queries.
- Minimum of 1+ years of experience in data science, business intelligence / consulting / investment banking / healthcare / public health or related experience.
- Bachelor’s Degree in: Math, Finance, Economics, Statistics, Data Science, Physics or related field.
- Analytical mindset with the ability to focus on a problem, ask insightful questions, and gain expertise quickly.
- Experience with Python, R, Scala or other programmatic data analysis languages.
- Experience working with ETLs or an understanding of data warehouse organization.
- Expertise in A/B testing is ideal. Bonus points if you’ve used and understand Splunk, Looker, or Mode.
- Competent understanding of statistical principles (eg. statistical significance).
- Ability to derive meaning from raw data in order to influence product decisions and direction.
Nice to Haves:
- Prior experience with or interest in distributed data store environments.
- Passionate about improving the state of healthcare in the United States and beyond.
At Nurx, we’re creating a future where healthcare is easily accessible and affordable for everyone and building software that empowers people to be in control of decisions about their own health.
Our platform enables doctors to give patients personalized care at lower costs and prescriptions delivered straight to their door. We are committed to disrupting the healthcare system and increasing access to healthcare for millions across the country, starting with birth control and PrEP.
- Talented and collaborative team who will both support and challenge you.
- Market competitive salary and equity.
- Medical, dental, commuter, wellness, and engineering technology benefits.
- 401(k) retirement plan.
- Paid holiday, vacation, and sick leave.
- Take what you need vacation (and we really mean it!).
This position is full-time and based in San Francisco, CA.