At Nurx, we’re creating a future where healthcare is easily accessible and affordable for everyone. We are building a platform that empowers people to be in control of their health, and make informed decisions about their own bodies.
Nurx enables doctors to give more patients personalized care at lower costs; and patients can receive prescriptions delivered straight to their door. We are committed to revolutionizing the healthcare system and increasing access to healthcare for millions across the country, starting with birth control and PrEP.
We’re looking for an experienced Accounting Manager to bring their talents to the finance team. This role will report directly to the Controller and work closely with the Finance team.
What you’ll do:
- Manage all aspects of the accounting function, including journal entries, accruals and month end close processes in accordance with U.S. GAAP.
- Manage the accounts payable function.
- Manage the accounts receivable balance and 3rd party accounts receivable company.
- Reconcile and own the inventory process and cost accounting.
- Perform and review monthly bank and GL account reconciliations, and depreciation and prepaid schedules.
- Manage non-reimbursable and reimbursable expense review, and expense report processing (Expensify).
- Assist the Controller in preparing the monthly close package and evaluating process and system infrastructure, along with identifying and implementing process improvement opportunities.
- Process bi-weekly payroll for exempt and non-exempt staff.
A bit about you:
- 5+ years of financial or accounting experience.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance required.
- CPA preferred, but not required.
- Strong problem solving and time management skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communications.
- Show initiative, and proactive to identify inefficiencies and offer improvement suggestions.
- Self-directed, able to perform responsibilities independently with minimal direction and supervision.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel (Intermediate) and Outlook.
- Experience in NetSuite, Quickbooks, Bill.com, and UltiPro is a plus.
At Nurx, we’re creating a future where healthcare is easily accessible and affordable for everyone and building software that empowers people to be in control of decisions about their own health.
Our platform enables doctors to give patients personalized care at lower costs and prescriptions delivered straight to their door. We are committed to disrupting the healthcare system and increasing access to healthcare for millions across the country, starting with birth control and PrEP.
- Talented and collaborative team who will both support and challenge you.
- Market competitive salary and equity.
- Medical, dental, commuter, and wellness benefits.
- 401(k) retirement plan.
- Paid holiday, vacation, and sick leave.
- Take what you need vacation (and we really mean it!).