Nurx is looking for a Director to oversee patient software development. As the leader of the Patient Experience team, you’ll personally craft our mobile app strategy, lead and grow a team of engineers that own our responsive mobile website as well as our native applications on iOS, and soon, Android. You’ll also work closely with product to identify ways we can leverage the growing ecosystem of health and fitness tracking to further simplify the patient / doctor interaction, such as incorporating heart rate data into patient surveys.
Internally, you’ll also work closely with our medical and platform teams to develop tools to help doctors build simple, easy-to-use, tools to capture information about patient health histories and the success of their treatments, with a goal of making interacting with your doctor as easy as checking off an item in your todo list.
What you’ll do:
- Help build a cutting-edge, patient-first technology roadmap for our mobile apps.
- Identify new ways to use mobile applications to help patients and doctors connect and stay engaged during the life of their treatment.
- Coach and mentor our existing teams on performance, security, and design of mobile applications. Our engineering team will be tackling bigger and more ambitious projects, including taking our application native.
- Build a larger team of engineers to develop our Android, iOS, and mobile web applications.You’ll have the chance to mentor the next generation of leaders within each subteam (incremental headcount of ~3x already approved).
- Identify and manage technical debt and investments, and ensure that our teams can deploy new treatments as quickly as possible, with minimal engineering investment.
A bit about you:
- A passion to help change healthcare and define a new way of interacting with doctors.
- A deep knowledge of mobile application development, preferably in a direct to consumer environment.
- Managed and grown teams of engineers from small (<10) to large (>50) teams.
- Worked closely with product and project management teams to build a combined product and technology roadmap.
- Experience as an engineer.
At Nurx, we’re creating a future where healthcare is easily accessible and affordable for everyone and building software that empowers people to be in control of decisions about their own health.
Our platform enables doctors to give patients personalized care at lower costs and prescriptions delivered straight to their door. We are committed to disrupting the healthcare system and increasing access to healthcare for millions across the country, starting with birth control, PrEP, and HPV screens.
And we need you to help us continue to make this happen.
- Talented and collaborative team who will both support and challenge you.
- Market competitive salary and equity.
- Medical, dental, commuter, wellness, and engineering technology benefits.
- 401(k) retirement plan.
- Paid holiday, vacation, and sick leave.
- Take what you need vacation (and we really mean it!).
This position is full-time and based in San Francisco, CA.