Nurx is looking for a motivated self-starter to join as the Operations Team Lead. We’re a growing and changing startup, so this role will include a wide range of challenges that require outside the box thinking as we improve processes, technology, and tools. You will support the Operations Care Manager in the day-to-day operations and management of the team by handling questions and concerns from support staff and customer escalations, ensuring policy and procedure compliance, and helping roll-out new processes. This also includes helping to facilitate overall development of team members by providing guidance, coaching, and actionable feedback. If you’re motivated to join a fast paced, mission-oriented startup and excited about the future of healthcare, we’d love to hear from you!
What you’ll do:
- Oversee team performance, under the direction of the Operations Manager; coach, counsel and motivate employees; investigate complaints or performance concerns; in consultation with department leadership and Human Resources.
- Lead day-to-day operations of the department in the absence of the Operations Manager.
- Write or revise job procedures for Operations with the approval of the Operations Manager.
- Oversee training of new hires and associate cross-training initiatives, in addition to the creation and facilitation of training, as needed.
- Use effective communication and storytelling skills to motivate internal change to benefit Nurx patients and scale operations. Present and own comprehensive solutions backed by data.
- Partner with other departments (Medical, Product, Engineering, Marketing, etc) to guide, test, and inform operational and product improvements and to manage day-to-day operations.
- Assist with monitoring Net Promoter Score (NPS) and other key performance indicators (KPIs) to ensure the company exceeds patient expectations and identify areas of improvement.
- Fully resolve escalated patient or vendor concerns to complete satisfaction.
- Lead and design projects that are defined by Operations Manager and ensure project deadlines are met, with measurable results.
- Pilot new operations processes and tasks. Demonstrate a deep understanding of Customer Care and Operations processes and policies to serve as the key Operations stakeholder.
- Lead Operational initiatives that accomplish company and department Objectives and Key Results (OKRs).
- Identify and resolve operational problems using defined processes, expertise and judgment.
- Set priorities for the team to ensure task completion and performance goals are met.
- Act as an SME for the department to answer procedural questions and assist in resolving complex or escalated issues.
What we’re looking for:
- Passion for Nurx's mission and services.
- Lead by example by having a hands-on approach.
- A balance of analytical and creative problem-solving skills.
- Relentless drive to build and operationalize your way out of a task.
- Superb time and project management skills.
- Self motivation - the ability to work independently in a high-change environment.
- Resourcefulness - Time is scarce. The engineering backlog is full. You must be scrappy and resourceful in coming up with solutions that scale and are mindful of business resources.
- Superb verbal and written communication skills that resonate at every level of the organization to employees across the world.
A bit about you:
- Bachelor’s Degree.
- 2-5 years of Customer Service or Operations experience.
- 1-2 years of leadership experience.
- Working knowledge of Excel (spreadsheet structure, navigation, pivot tables, basic line and bar charts, VLOOKUP, SUM).
- Experience working cross-functionally between departments.
- A strong sense of empathy and curiosity to solve customer and operations issues.
- Personal accountability and critical thinking to make the best decisions.
- Proven success in independently setting and achieving goals.
- Self-starter mentality and can thrive in a fast-paced, constantly changing work environment.
- Experience working in a startup, healthcare, or technology company.
- Insurance knowledge.
- Public-speaking or presentation skills.
At Nurx, we’re creating a future where healthcare is easily accessible and affordable for everyone and building software that empowers people to be in control of decisions about their own health.
Our platform enables doctors to give patients personalized care at lower costs and prescriptions delivered straight to their door. We are committed to disrupting the healthcare system and increasing access to healthcare for millions across the country, starting with birth control, PrEP, and HPV screens.
And we need you to help us continue to make this happen.
- Talented and collaborative team who will both support and challenge you.
- Market competitive salary and equity.
- Medical, dental, commuter, and wellness benefits.
- 401(k) retirement plan.
- Paid holidays, vacation, and sick leave.
- Take what you need vacation (and we really mean it!).
This position is full-time and based in San Francisco, CA.