Nurx is seeking an experienced Senior Visual Designer to own and guide the visual expression of the Nurx brand across our growing product lines.
The Senior Visual Designer will play a pivotal role in taking the Nurx user experience to the next level - designing the thoughtful, nuanced, and polished visual and interactive language that make a great product. Your overarching goal will be to craft experiences that engage, delight, and exceed expectations of our users and support our mission of effecting a patient-first, transformative shift in healthcare.
Reporting to the Head of Product Design, the Visual Designer will have the experience and flexibility to address both our immediate visual design needs, as well as to spearhead key internal initiatives enabling the Product Design team to optimize output and scale as Nurx grows.
Please note: We are considering only senior level candidates with a minimum of 5 years of professional experience as a visual designer working on consumer-facing native mobile and responsive web apps.
What you'll do:
- Work within an agile sprint schedule and in partnership with Product team-members.
- Work closely with the Product Design and Product Management throughout each sprint cycle to ensure seamless transition from the Conceptual Design to Visual Design task.
- Bring to life wireframes and other finalized UX design assets, transforming them into stunning screen comps, interactive/animated prototypes, and production-ready assets for our responsive web and native mobile apps.
- Work closely with Engineering to provide all final assets (visual and otherwise) required for each sprint release, and assist as needed to ensure seamless implementation of same. Set a high standard for the quality of the user experience.
- Partner with the Marketing team to share product screens & assets in support of new product launches.
- Sketch, develop visual treatments and prototypes to explore and assess feasibility of visual design concepts.
- Maintain brand alignment and consistency across all product lines within the app.
- Be a leader within the Product Design team, spearheading or co-owning internal design projects geared towards improving our design process and output, with focus on our patient-facing app:
- Design System & Asset Library
- Product Design Guidelines
- Icon/Illustration System
A bit about you:
- BA/BFA degree preferred.
- 5+ years of professional experience as a Visual Designer with a strong portfolio that illustrates user-centered visual acuity, including examples of web and mobile applications.
- Experience shipping your designs in a fast-paced, iterative development process. Digital agency and startup experience are a plus.
- You design with precision and detail, guided by a respect for the brand and empathy towards our users.
- You are an excellent communicator, able to work well with a wide variety of team members and stakeholders.
- You understand how to design for an evolving brand. You are experienced translating brand guidelines into modular, reusable patterns and assets that can be applied to responsive and native mobile apps.
- You’re a user advocate, comfortable with A/B testing of designs, and in modifying designs to improve their success with users.
- You are comfortable presenting and defending your work - introducing design concepts, articulating design decisions, outlining pros and cons, and explaining why and when we should apply an existing design convention or create a new pattern.
- Icon Creation/Illustration.
- Motion Design.
- Creation of a Design System from the ground up.
- Copywriting/wordsmithing skills.
- Packaging/Print Design.
At Nurx, we’re creating a future where healthcare is easily accessible and affordable for everyone. We are building a platform that empowers people to be in control of their health and make informed decisions about their own bodies.
Nurx enables doctors to give more patients personalized care at lower costs; and patients can receive prescriptions delivered straight to their door. We are committed to revolutionizing the healthcare system and increasing access to healthcare for millions across the country, starting with birth control, PrEP, and HPV screens. That’s where you come in!
- Talented and collaborative team who will both support and challenge you.
- Market competitive salary and equity.
- Medical, dental, commuter, and wellness benefits.
- 401(k) retirement plan.
- Paid holiday, vacation, and sick leave.
- Take what you need vacation (and we really mean it!).
This position is full-time and based in San Francisco, CA.