Nurx is looking for an experienced Program Manager to bring their strategic thinking, detail orientation and organization skills, and exceptional communication to develop and run critical initiatives that span multiple offices and orgs.
The Program Manager will report to the VP of Product and partner with the Clinical Development, RN, and CCA orgs to manage large scale initiatives to improve operational efficiency and ensure compliance to Product usage requirements.
Nurx is continuing it’s trajectory of rapid growth in 2019. Are you ready to take on this exciting opportunity?
What you’ll do:
- Own development, communication, and rollout plans for new service lines and programs from the Product and Clinical Development teams for our Registered Nurses (RNs) and Customer Care Agents (CCAs).
- Establish program, project standards, plans, and workflows to ensure success of new feature and service launches.
- Create a standardized repository of key documents and information and own the management of these artifacts. Ensure that all critical documentation is up to date.
- Identify success criteria for each program and their constituent projects. Continually track KPIs to evaluate impact. Communicate learnings broadly and hold groups accountable to their responsibilities in ensuring program success.
- Align key stakeholders in the Product, Clinical Development, RN, and CCA orgs on program objectives and KPIs to measure success. Over-communicate and always err on the side of being explicit.
- Create and facilitate on-site trainings for the RN and CCA teams based in remote offices, with requirements and materials generated from the Product and Clinical Development teams. Ensure that product processes are followed and clinical standards are upheld by field teams.
- Be onsite regularly with CCAs and RNs - ride along with the front-line of the company and help identify gaps that can create step function improvements to patient experiences and operational staff productivity.
A bit about you:
- You have 5+ years of Program Management experience.
- You have experience working cross-functionally with executives and team leads. You are able to own the problem, be accountable, and shepherd leaders toward decisions that are optimal to company success.
- You are comfortable with frequent travel. While the role is based in San Francisco, you will be required to have regular face time with East Coast operations teams.
- You have the ability to independently dive into data, generate insights, and share critical learnings.
- You are comfortable with rapid change, do not shy away from hard conversations, and are able to hold teams accountable.
- You have strong leadership skills with the ability to be a team player, collaborate, and coach others.
- You have a high level of empathy but are laser focused on goals and objectives.
- Demonstrated effective communication skills to build support and sponsorship of initiatives and collaboration among partners and stakeholders.
- You have clinical or healthcare experience.
- Fluency in SQL.
At Nurx, we’re creating a future where healthcare is easily accessible and affordable for everyone. We are building a platform that empowers people to be in control of their health, and make informed decisions about their own bodies.
Nurx enables doctors to give more patients personalized care at lower costs; and patients can receive prescriptions delivered straight to their door. We are committed to revolutionizing the healthcare system and increasing access to healthcare for millions across the country, starting with birth control, PrEP, and HPV screens. That’s where you come in!
- Talented and collaborative team who will both support and challenge you.
- Market competitive salary and equity.
- Medical, dental, commuter, and wellness benefits.
- 401(k) retirement plan.
- Paid holidays, vacation, and sick leave.
- Take what you need vacation (and we really mean it!).
This position is full-time and based in San Francisco, CA.