Nurx is looking for an experienced Product Designer who shares our passion to use design to transform healthcare. You would be joining our small, but rapidly-growing Product Design team in San Francisco.
As a key member of the Product Design team, reporting to the Head of Design, you will have a hand in not only helping scale the design team—working to optimize, standardize, and evangelize our design process, workflow, tools, and assets—but also in strategizing how to share our design expertise socially.
Please note: We are seeking mid to senior level candidates with a minimum of 5 years of professional product design experience to be considered for this role.
What you'll do:
- Work in close partnership with Product, Engineering, internal stakeholders and users, to architect, extend, and refine clear and engaging user experiences for a variety of audiences, platforms, and devices.
- Be comfortable shepherding every project through an agile, adaptive, user-centered design process.
- Be an analytical-creative hybrid—able to understand and map intricate multi-user systems, devise creative solutions to complex problems, and craft creative, elegant, and compelling UIs.
A bit about you:
- 5+ years of solid Product Design experience.
- Experience leading the design of at least 1 role-based, multi-platform products serving both consumer and non-consumer stakeholders.
- Comfortable taking a project from a high-level requirement/goal through all steps of the design process, producing high-level task flow diagrams, annotated wireframes, prototypes, visual design comps/production-ready assets, and other UX deliverables.
- Excellent communication skills—be able to clearly present designs and articulate design decisions and tradeoffs.
- Ability to align designs with product strategy and vision.
- Understanding of how to use quantitative data to influence/drive design decisions.
- A strong portfolio of previous work clearly demonstrating research, analysis, and synthesis of requirements behind each design.
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced, startup environment.
- Comfortable designing across platforms and devices.
- User research/testing (guerrilla or formal).
- Illustration, Animation, general Visual Design chops.
- Experience building a Design System from the ground up.
- Copywriting/word-smithing skills.
- Experience with effective A/B testing.
At Nurx, we’re creating a future where healthcare is easily accessible and affordable for everyone and building software that empowers people to be in control of decisions about their own health.
Our platform enables doctors to give patients personalized care at lower costs and prescriptions delivered straight to their door. We are committed to disrupting the healthcare system and increasing access to healthcare for millions across the country, starting with birth control and PrEP.
And we need you to help us continue to make this happen.
- Talented and collaborative team who will both support and challenge you.
- Market competitive salary and equity.
- Medical, dental, commuter, and wellness benefits.
- 401(k) retirement plan.
- Paid holiday, vacation, and sick leave.
- Take what you need vacation (and we really mean it!).
This position is full-time and based in San Francisco.