Nurx is looking for people who can fulfill the requirements of the Customer Care Team Lead role at Nurx, which means being creative about solving problems, feeling empowered to work independently, and thinking outside the box as we improve processes, technology, and tools.
The Customer Care Team Lead supports the Customer Care Manager in the day-to-day operations of the department. They will provide assistance with managing the Customer Care Team by handling questions and concerns from staff and customers; ensuring that team members know how to respond to inquiries in accordance with Nurx policies and procedures. This also includes helping to facilitate overall development of team members by providing guidance, coaching and actionable feedback. The Customer Care Team Lead will also be responsible for identifying system and workflow improvements to enhance overall team efficiencies.
Nurx is a growing and changing startup, so this role will include a wide range of variety, challenge, and creativity in designing solutions, which goes beyond a typical customer support role.
What you'll do:
- Oversee employee and team performance; coach, counsel and motivate employees; prepare and deliver performance evaluations; investigate complaints or performance concerns; implement disciplinary action as needed, in consultation with department leadership and Human Resources.
- Ensure correct procedures are followed and routinely give directions to staff on what to do and how to improve. In the absence of, and in conjunction with the Customer Care Manager, offer advice or authorize an exception to Company policy.
- Lead day-to-day operations of the department in the absence of the Customer Care Manager.
- Evaluate quality issues to identify processes in need of review and revision. Work with team members and other leads to coordinate events to develop and implement improved and streamlined workflow and processes. Write or revise job procedures for Customer Care with the approval of the Customer Care Manager.
- Respond to and resolve escalated issues and complex requests from Customer Care Agents (CCAs).
- Assist with training and development as necessary.
- Participate in training as available and when necessary to stay up-to-date on product or company policy changes.
- Seek cross-departmental opportunities to improve efficiency and foster inter-departmental relationships.
- Monitor Net Promoter Score (NPS) and other key performance indicators (KPIs) to ensure the team exceeds patient expectations and identify areas of improvement.
- Lead by example by having a hands-on approach, rolling up your sleeves, taking phone calls, and messaging users.
- Fully resolve escalated patient or vendor concerns to complete satisfaction.
- Under the direction of the Customer Care Manager, proactively set, track, and accomplish specific, measurable goals that further team and company priorities. Lead projects that are defined by Customer Care Manager and ensure project deadlines are met.
A bit about you:
- Ability to anticipate challenges and establish proactive solutions through analytical and technical skill.
- 2+ years of experience in a customer-facing role (including retail, tech, food service).
- Basic Excel knowledge (Sum, Count, Vlookup).
- Capability to work independently and cooperatively in a fast-paced changing environment.
- Strong sense of accountability and critical thinking to make the best decisions.
- Demonstrated supervisory skills, including the ability to motivate, coach and support team members.
- Demonstrated strong teamwork orientation and collaborative skills with customers, peers, and management.
- Ability to meet deadlines and achieve KPIs and other metrics related to the position quotas.
- Ability to manage time effectively and manage several priorities simultaneously.
- Service mindset - you put yourself in other people’s shoes, act with empathy, and communicate clearly, kindly, and directly with customers and internal team members.
- Willing to go above and beyond to help people navigate a complex industry.
- Connection to Nurx’s mission to provide access to access to healthcare in a judgment-free environment.
- Flexibility to work evening or weekend shifts.
- Ability to speak Spanish is a plus.
- Experience in a pharmacy, medical office, or fast-paced startup.
- Bachelor's degree.
About our Customer Care Team:
Customer Care is responsible for resolving insurance issues, answering questions about the Nurx product, and proactively thinking of solutions to streamline a complex pharmacy, insurance, and care delivery model.
The Customer Care team is passionate about details and adhering to safe and compliant procedures that positively impact our users’ health.
At Nurx, we’re creating a future where healthcare is easily accessible and affordable for everyone and building software that empowers people to be in control of decisions about their own health.
Our platform enables doctors to give patients personalized care at lower costs and prescriptions delivered straight to their door. We are committed to disrupting the healthcare system and increasing access to healthcare for millions across the country, starting with birth control and PrEP.
And we need you to help us continue to make this happen.
This position is full-time and based in Miami, FL.