A Customer Care Manager at Nurx means being creative about solving problems, feeling empowered to work independently, and bringing your innovative and strategic problem-solving skills and creative thinking to improve processes, technology, and tools.
The Customer Care Manager will provide daily leadership, management, and support to a team of Customer Care Agents. The position will be responsible for providing ongoing actionable feedback, coaching, and motivation to assigned team. They will also work closely with other departments to ensure company/departmental service, marketing, and quality goals are met and/or exceeded. The Customer Care Manager will also be responsible for identifying system and workflow improvements to enhance overall team efficiencies. The position will ensure all tasks and User needs are resolved timely. Along with daily management of the team, this position will focus on developing processes which will enable improved productivity and efficiencies.
In this newly created role, the Customer Care Manager will build and maintain communication and processes to ensure a high level of customer service. You’ll be successful if you are focused on implementing best practices, have the ability to build a new team, appreciate the changing dynamics of a start-up and are motivated to drive customer growth.
Nurx is a fast-paced, hyper-growth startup that continues to change and evolve. As such, this role will include a wide range of variety, challenge, and creativity in designing solutions, which expand beyond a typical customer support role.
- Leads, motivates, and develops high-performing team through proactive coaching, mentoring, and development. Identifies trends in team’s performance and monitors progress. Establishes strong relationships with cross-functional stakeholders to drive continuous improvement. Subject Matter Expert on team’s processes, policies, and competencies (knowledge, skills, and abilities).Demonstrates a broad understanding of process and policies within scope of project(s).
- Consults with department leadership and Human Resources before preparing and delivering performance evaluations; investigating complaints or performance concerns; implementing disciplinary action as needed. Completes skip level 1:1s w/CCAs and analyzes team performance to provide constructive feedback to Team Leads.
- Evaluate quality issues to identify processes in need of review and revision. Work with team members and other leads to coordinate events to develop and implement improved and streamlined workflow and processes.
- Respond to and resolve escalated issues and complex requests from the Team Leads
- Assist with training and development as necessary
- Participate in training as available and when necessary to stay up-to-date on product or company policy changes
- Seek cross-departmental opportunities to improve efficiency and foster inter-departmental relationships
- Lead by example by having a hands-on approach, rolling up your sleeves and taking phone calls and message users
- Fully resolve escalated patient or vendor concerns to complete satisfaction
- Set, track, and accomplish specific, measurable goals that further team and company priorities.
- Own team performance in NPS, Productivity (500 Msg/FTE/week, Call SLA), Quality (bi-monthly quality reviews), attendance
- Proactively manage team progress and growth (interview, hire, train, terminations, office relocations, hours approval, PTO approval, changes in process or metrics, knowledge base documentation)
- Advocate and problem-solve for trends among team members and patients within the organization (file phabricator tickets, work cross-functionally with product/marketing/eng, resolve persistent issues causing rejections/refunds/etc)
- Ensure process adherence and consistency through training, shadowing, communication, team meetings, etc.
- Ensures teams are delivering exceptional customer support & achieving defined SLAs & other KPIs (CSAT, TPH, etc.)
- Identifies trends in team’s performance, and works cross-functionally with Training and QA to maximize development opportunities
- Demonstrates broad understanding of processes & policies of cohorts within their scope; stays current on all applicable changes; provides guidance to Team Leads on one-off critical escalations; applies new innovation to impact metrics across teams; mentors and teaches others on all things Nurx
- Identifies team priorities and ensures continued focus on what’s important; applies & shares innovative customer support & performance management strategies; coaches team leads on strategic thinking
- Manages long-term strategy for achieving production KPIs; keeping others informed of progress
- Communicates information across Team Leads and shifts effectively and escalates to Leadership when appropriate (future)
What You’ll Need:
- Ability to anticipate challenges and establish proactive solutions through analytical and technical skill
- 2+ years of people management experience and at least 1-year front-line customer service experience.
- Basic Excel knowledge (Sum, Count, Vlookup)
- Capability to work independently and cooperatively in a fast-paced changing environment
- Strong sense of accountability and critical thinking to make the best decisions
- Demonstrated supervisory skills, including the ability to motivate, coach and support team members
- Demonstrated strong teamwork orientation and collaborative skills with customers, peers, and management
- Ability to meet deadlines and achieve KPIs and other metrics related to the position quotas
- Ability to manage time effectively and manage several priorities simultaneously
- Service mindset - you put yourself in other people’s shoes, act with empathy, and communicate clearly, kindly, and directly with customers and internal team members
- Willing to go above and beyond to help people navigate a complex industry
- Connection to Nurx’s mission to provide access to access to healthcare in a judgment-free environment
- Flexibility to work evening or weekend shifts
Other Qualities You May Possess (but are not required):
- BA/BS degree preferred
- Experience in a call-center, pharmacy, medical office, or fast-paced startup
- Ability to speak Spanish is a plus
About Nurx and the Customer Care Team:
Nurx provides safe and time access to birth control and PrEP. We are committed to giving our patients full control of their health. We are devoted to disrupting the healthcare system and making positive changes within the community. Control over healthcare is a basic right, and something everyone deserves, with no judgment.
Nurx seeks professionals who want to apply their experience and skill set towards a unique opportunity. We are building a distinct culture to attract and retain top talent.
Customer Care is responsible for resolving insurance issues, answering questions about the Nurx product, and proactively thinking of solutions to streamline a complex pharmacy, insurance, and care delivery model.
The Customer Care team is passionate about details and adhering to safe and compliant procedures that positively impact our users’ health.