At Nurx, we’re creating a future where healthcare is easily accessible and affordable for everyone. We are building a platform that empowers people to be in control of their health, and make informed decisions about their own bodies.
Nurx enables doctors to give more patients personalized care at lower costs; and patients can receive prescriptions delivered straight to their door. We are committed to revolutionizing the healthcare system and increasing access to healthcare for millions across the country, starting with birth control and PrEP. That’s where you come in!
We're looking for an experienced Design Lead to join our rapidly-growing Product Team in San Francisco. You’ll report to the VP of Product and work closely with Engineering & Product teams to help set the vision for Nurx’s design systems, processes, and tools. Ultimately, you’ll be the point-person for creating consistent and compelling user experiences across native mobile apps, web apps, and more.
Sound like a match? Let’s talk!
What You'll Do:
- Lead the design vision of the Nurx platform and have direct input on what’s upcoming on the Product roadmap
- Apply user-centered design thinking to create efficient workflows for the Provider, Pharmacy, and Operations teams
- Be the design lead on the Product responsible for getting our patients their prescriptions as quickly as possible. Create a seamless experience that automates error prone human processes and delivers patient delight
- Collaborate with Product and Engineering to build, test, and validate solutions, leveraging performance metrics as a guide in iterations
- Develop a design system for the company, creating language and patterns that will allow designers and engineers to ship consistent, high quality product that communicates the brand
- Drive consumer research and persona development - be an advocate for the user and leverage personas to help the company understand its customers and prioritize their needs
- Be a champion for the system, clearly communicating with and getting buy-in from Product and Engineering
- Mentor and provide feedback to other members of the Design Team - the position may lead to an opportunity to manage a team of designers
- 5+ years of professional experience as a Product or UX Designer with a strong portfolio that illustrates user-centered design thinking.
- Bonus points if you’ve designed complex logistics systems or have experience designing both consumer-facing mobile applications and enterprise systems
- You see the entire design system - you see how all parts fit together and how any change effects the overall system and translates into user experiences.
- You are process oriented. You start at 10,000 feet to understand the big picture but are just as comfortable building delight on the ground and pushing for pixel perfection.
- You have the ability to create foundations to a system that others in a design org can easily build on top of
- You’re a user advocate, love to make decisions based on data, and have a passion for getting answers to key questions using the most lightweight methodology in your toolkit
- Experience shipping your designs in a fast-paced, iterative development process. Startup experience is a plus.
- You are comfortable articulating and recommending trade offs between flexible, general design and specific, pointed design systems
Our mission is to increase access to healthcare. We believe that control over your own healthcare is a human right, and something everyone deserves. We want to challenge the status quo and break down unnecessary barriers. Come join us!
This position is full-time and based in San Francisco.