At Nurx, we’re creating a future where healthcare is easily accessible and affordable for everyone. We are building software that empowers people to be in control of their health, and make informed decisions about their own bodies. We are creating a platform where doctors can give more patients personalized care at lower costs, and patients can receive prescriptions delivered straight to their door. We are committed to disrupting the healthcare system, and increasing access to healthcare for millions across the country, starting with birth control and PrEP. And we need you to continue to make this happen.
With remarkable growth since our 2015 inception coupled with strong VC backing, Nurx is actively looking for a proven engineering leader to join our growing Front End team. As the Lead Front End Engineer, you’ll own the Nurx ember.js web app, and be responsible for shaping key technical decisions as we scale to millions of users. You will lead the development of our Front End infrastructure from the ground up, and play a fundamental role in defining and developing our technologies and internal processes as we continue to grow!
What you'll do:
- Lead the Ember.JS web app, and roadmap our front end infrastructure into the medium and long term
- Define and evangelize engineering best practices as we scale our platform and team
- Lead and mentor a team of driven, passionate front end engineers
- Handle scoping and planning of all front end projects, and guide their implementation
- Work closely with the product team in creating roadmaps and timelines for product development
- Manage our existing front end testing infrastructure and help develop and optimize integration testing infrastructure
- Play a key role in building out the front end team, including the hiring of various engineers, and refine our interview process to optimize predictive value
A bit about you:
- 5+ years experience building consumer-focused web applications, or B2B services in a technology company
- 2+ years experience leading or managing an engineering team
- Strong architecture and system design skills
- Write readable, maintainable, testable, and performant code
- Have a passion for building software development processes and engineering culture
- Strong ability to evaluate and analyse tradeoffs between implementation time, maintainability, and impact
- Experience writing automated tests
- Proficiency in HTML and CSS (LESS/SASS)
And we'd love it if you had:
- Experience working in a startup or high-growth environment
- Expertise or knowledge of Ember.js, and ideally be involved in the Ember community
- An interest in reimagining the healthcare system, and empowering individuals through software in new ways
Our mission is to increase access to healthcare. We believe that control over your own healthcare is a human right, and something everyone deserves. We want to challenge the status quo and break down unnecessary barriers. Come join us!
This position is full-time and based in San Francisco.