We are seeking a talented and highly-motivated individual with a background in chemical biology or assay development and an interest in drug discovery to join our collaborative team of scientists to discover novel chemical matter for use in targeted protein degradation. Using Nurix’s DNA-encoded library (DEL) platform, the successful candidate will design and implement small molecules screens to identify ligands of Nurix drug targets. As part of a multidisciplinary team of biologists, medicinal chemists, and computational chemists, they will play a key role in the subsequent analysis and evaluation of DEL screens and assist with assay and validation of ligands from DEL screens.
- Design and implement DEL screens of prioritized targets to identify novel binders
- This position will offer the opportunity for the candidate to gain experience in DEL screening. Prior experience with this technology is helpful but NOT required.
- Develop biochemical and biophysical assays in support of DEL screen design as well as small molecule binder validation and progression
- Communicate findings to internal stakeholders through scientific presentations
- Ph.D. scientist with 2+ years of post-degree industry or academic experience
- Experience in the development, optimization and execution of biochemical or biophysical assays to interrogate protein interactions and enzymatic activity
- High level of creativity and productivity with strong problem-solving skills.
- Solid background of scientific accomplishment demonstrated by publications, patents, or presentations.
- Excellent communication skills and ability to present rationale, key data, issues and accomplishments to other members of the scientific team.
- Resourceful and open to diverse points of view
- Good fit with Nurix culture and values of highly collaborative, team-oriented research
Title, salary, and responsibilities to be commensurate with experience.
Nurix Therapeutics is a biopharmaceutical company focused on the discovery, development and commercialization of small molecule therapies designed to modulate cellular protein levels as a novel treatment approach for cancer and immune disorders. Leveraging Nurix’s extensive expertise in E3 ligases together with its proprietary DNA-encoded libraries, Nurix has built DELigase, an integrated discovery platform to identify and advance novel drug candidates targeting E3 ligases, a broad class of enzymes that can modulate proteins within the cell. Nurix’s drug discovery approach is to either harness or inhibit the natural function of E3 ligases within the ubiquitin proteasome system to selectively decrease or increase cellular protein levels.
Nurix’s wholly owned pipeline comprises targeted protein degraders of Bruton’s tyrosine kinase, a B-cell signaling protein, and inhibitors of Casitas B-lineage lymphoma proto-oncogene-B, an E3 ligase that regulates T cell activation. Nurix is headquartered in San Francisco, California.