Nurix is currently seeking a Senior/Principal Scientist of DMPK (Drug Metabolism and Pharmacokinetics) to be a DMPK leader. We are looking for a talented, curious, and motivated scientist with a track record of pharmaceutical project support to provide DMPK and Clinical Pharmacology guidance to Oncology projects across our portfolio and to contribute to refining the application of ADME and PK principles to our novel therapeutic modality. The successful candidate will apply pharmacokinetic and clinical pharmacological expertise in a dynamic team setting to inform discovery and development. You will be the drug metabolism and pharmacokinetics (DMPK) lead on project teams developing small molecule modulators as cancer medicines. We are looking for a consummate team player seeking a collaborative environment in which to grow their career in drug discovery and development.
- Oversight of activities at CROs, including in vitro ADME and PK
- Be the functional area representative for DMPK on project teams
- Design, analyze and interpret preclinical DMPK studies in support of program goals
- Use a broad array of DMPK data to enable integrated analyses of biopharmaceutics, drug metabolism, PK/PD, human PK/dose projections and DDI risk
- Contribute to study reports and relevant sections of regulatory documents
- BS, MS or Ph.D. with 6-8 + years of experience with a focus in pharmacokinetics, pharmacology or related discipline
- Technical depth and a broad understanding of drug metabolism in vitro assays including metabolic stability, enzyme inhibition/induction/phenotyping, protein binding, and pharmacokinetics with proficiency in Phoenix WinNonlin or similar
- Experience optimizing and characterizing the ADME properties of small molecule drug candidates with expertise in the interplay between DMPK parameters, physicochemical and molecular properties
- Experience leading DMPK on projects particularly in discovery and early development
- Proficient in the management of activities at contract research organizations and comfortable working in virtual outsourced model
- Excellent communication and organizational skills; comfortable navigating complexity and ambiguity in a fast-paced environment interacting with consultants, external vendors and internal cross-functional, global project teams.
- Familiarity with external regulatory requirements, and experience authoring and reviewing PK sections of regulatory dossiers
Nurix Therapeutics is a biopharmaceutical company focused on the discovery, development and commercialization of small molecule therapies designed to modulate cellular protein levels as a novel treatment approach for cancer and immune disorders. Leveraging Nurix’s extensive expertise in E3 ligases together with its proprietary DNA-encoded libraries, Nurix has built DELigase, an integrated discovery platform to identify and advance novel drug candidates targeting E3 ligases, a broad class of enzymes that can modulate proteins within the cell. Nurix’s drug discovery approach is to either harness or inhibit the natural function of E3 ligases within the ubiquitin proteasome system to selectively decrease or increase cellular protein levels.
Nurix’s wholly owned pipeline comprises targeted protein degraders of Bruton’s tyrosine kinase, a B-cell signaling protein, and inhibitors of Casitas B-lineage lymphoma proto-oncogene-B, an E3 ligase that regulates T cell activation. Nurix is headquartered in San Francisco, California.