The Director of Program Management, provides project management expertise to cross functional Asset and Clinical Teams to advance an asset(s) through clinical, technical development, regulatory submission, manufacturing and commercialization. This includes, but is not limited to, the oversight and facilitation of team interactions related to project operations and delivering on key program milestones, the development and management of project plans/timeline, issue and risk management, Asset Team coordination, facilitation and documentation of Asset Team meetings. The initial focus of this position will be to support the strategic planning and execution of early development oncology projects and Nurix’s flagship assets. This role requires a leader who has deep understanding of advancing complex and innovative oncology therapies and exceptional ability to drive collaboration in a high matrix environment.
- Proactively plans, coordinates and tracks the progress of IND stage and clinical stage cross-functional programs. Responsible for the initiation, planning, execution, monitoring, and closure of activities at the Asset Team level, including identification of risks and mitigation strategies/recommendations.
- Ensures effective, accurate, and timely communication across functional areas within the program, serves as a point of contact across multiple functions for program-related issues, including escalation of programs issues to ensure resolution.
- Lead the development of vision and strategy for the asset and road map that are in alignment with corporate business objectives.
- Partners with Program Team Leads to drive appropriate clinical development discussions at the cross-functional Asset Team level; responsible for agendas, minutes, action items tracking, and timelines to support productive Asset Team discussions.
- Partners with Clinical Development lead to drive appropriate discussions at the Clinical Team level.
- Partners with Regulatory lead to drive appropriate discussions supportive of regulatory submissions (e.g., IND, CTA, EOPX meetings, etc.); drives operational activities in support of regulatory submissions, including timeline creation and management.
- Serves as thought-partner to Program Team and Clinical Development Leads and VP Program Management and Asset Strategy to drive creative thinking, formulate scenario-based development planning and strategy, and proactively identify and address programmatic gaps in thinking, process, or efficiency with a solution-based mindset.
- Creates and maintains global program plans, including near-term and long-term development timelines, budgets, resource projections, and project reporting supportive of the development strategy of clinical-stage assets (e.g. Product Development Plans, Target Product Profile).
- Contributes to discussions or materials supportive of Executive Management Team (EMT) meetings, and/or Board of Directors (BoD) meetings.
- Demonstrates an empathic approach to problem-solving, with a willingness to work across all levels of leadership and functional areas in a growing, changing, and fast-moving environment
- Demonstrates an ability to influence without authority in a grounded manner that results in productive discussions, effective decision-making and cultivate a high-performance team culture.
- Leads Program Management efforts for multiple assets for one or more disease areas.
- 10+ years of experience in drug development, preferably in oncology; and at least 6 years of experience in project management.
- Depth of project management and oncology drug development knowledge sufficient to allow her/him/them to drive activities with a high degree of independence; previous work and leadership experience across early to mid-stage clinical development preferred.
- Given start-up nature of organization, must be willing and able to perform both tactical, operational work (agendas, minutes, timelines) as well as engage and drive strategic dialogue across all stages of development and all levels of leadership.
- Demonstrated experience leading cross-functional teams; possesses a refined understanding of team dynamics, influencing without authority, motivating teams.
- Comfortable with change, readily adaptable and the ability to professionally navigate success and failure.
Education and Skills
- BS in a scientific discipline; advanced degree (MS, PhD, MBA) preferred.
- PMP or advanced project management training/certificate preferred.
- Proficient in relevant software, including but not limited to MS Project, MS Office Suite, Smartsheets.
- Experience in oncology and autoimmune diseases preferred.
Nurix Therapeutics is a biopharmaceutical company focused on the discovery, development and commercialization of small molecule therapies designed to modulate cellular protein levels as a novel treatment approach for cancer and immune disorders. Leveraging Nurix’s extensive expertise in E3 ligases together with its proprietary DNA-encoded libraries, Nurix has built DELigase, an integrated discovery platform to identify and advance novel drug candidates targeting E3 ligases, a broad class of enzymes that can modulate proteins within the cell. Nurix’s drug discovery approach is to either harness or inhibit the natural function of E3 ligases within the ubiquitin proteasome system to selectively decrease or increase cellular protein levels.
Nurix’s wholly owned pipeline comprises targeted protein degraders of Bruton’s tyrosine kinase, a B-cell signaling protein, and inhibitors of Casitas B-lineage lymphoma proto-oncogene-B, an E3 ligase that regulates T cell activation. Nurix is headquartered in San Francisco, California.