We are seeking a highly skilled and motivated cell biologist or immunologist to support Nurix’s mission of targeting E3 ubiquitin ligases in the areas of oncology and immunology. This individual will work closely with our drug discovery project scientists on lead optimization of novel compounds to evaluate the impact on immune cells and characterize their MOA. The candidate must be self-driven, organized, able to work well with other scientists, and able to thrive in an exciting environment in a rapidly-growing company.
- Ph.D. in immunology, cancer biology or related field with 0-2+ years of industry experience for Scientist I level position (or Master’s/Bachelor’s degree with > 6-10 years industry experience)
- SRA (Master’s/Bachelor’s degree with > 4-8 years industry experience)
- Research experience in the field of immunology with a focus on T cell or myeloid cell biology
- Expertise in functional assays measuring cellular activation, cytokine release, proliferation, and cell killing
- Hands on experience in high-dimensional flow cytometry to phenotypically characterize immune cells including both surface and intracellular staining
- Background in ubiquitin biology and targeted degraders is a plus
- Develop novel ideas/technologies, eager to learn, innovate.
- Propose and implement resolutions to technical problems/issues.
- Work with departmental and/or cross functional peers to execute on assignments
Fit with Nurix Culture and Values
- Strong team orientation; highly collaborative; solutions and results-oriented focus
- Strong scientific curiosity and initiative; hands-on and resourceful
- Self-driven and enthusiastic with the ability to thrive in a dynamic environment
Please apply by sending your CV to https://www.nurixtx.com/culture-careers/job-openings/
Nurix Therapeutics is a biopharmaceutical company focused on the discovery, development and commercialization of small molecule therapies designed to modulate cellular protein levels as a novel treatment approach for cancer and immune disorders. Leveraging Nurix’s extensive expertise in E3 ligases together with its proprietary DNA-encoded libraries, Nurix has built DELigase, an integrated discovery platform to identify and advance novel drug candidates targeting E3 ligases, a broad class of enzymes that can modulate proteins within the cell. Nurix’s drug discovery approach is to either harness or inhibit the natural function of E3 ligases within the ubiquitin proteasome system to selectively decrease or increase cellular protein levels.