We are seeking a talented and highly motivated chemist with a strong background in synthetic organic chemistry to join our Medicinal Chemistry team. You will work with a highly dynamic group that is focused on moving projects from the hit identification stage to the discovery of clinical candidates. The Nurix mission is to control protein fate to treat human diseases leveraging exciting technologies to target protein degradation.
The successful applicant will have demonstrated substantial experience in modern synthetic organic chemistry and standard analytical methods. Having developed an understanding of the physicochemical properties that drive drug discovery are highly desired.
As a member of a dynamic multi-disciplinary project team, you will collaborate with a broad group of highly experienced scientists within Nurix as well as with external collaborators.
- BA/BS or equivalent with typically 4+ years of relevant experience or MS with typically 2+ years of relevant experience (years of relevant experience will impact level of hire)
- Creative skills in the design, performance and interpretation of chemistry experiments with strong synthetic problem-solving skills using a hypothesis-based approach
- Excellent communication of project rationale, key experimental results, issues and accomplishments in appropriate verbal and written form
- Solid track record of scientific accomplishment demonstrated by publications, patents, or presentations
- Maintains an excellent scientific expertise in organic synthesis and a good knowledge of key medicinal chemistry principles
- Good ability to manage own priorities and deliverables, both independently and in the team setting
- Familiarity with tools necessary to effectively organize, visualize and distill data to facilitate rapid decision making a strong plus but not required
Fit with Nurix Culture and Values
- Strong team orientation; highly collaborative
- Solutions and results-oriented focus
- Hands-on approach; resourceful and open to diverse points of view
Nurix Therapeutics is a biopharmaceutical company focused on the discovery, development and commercialization of small molecule therapies designed to modulate cellular protein levels as a novel treatment approach for cancer and immune disorders. Leveraging Nurix’s extensive expertise in E3 ligases together with its proprietary DNA-encoded libraries, Nurix has built DELigase, an integrated discovery platform to identify and advance novel drug candidates targeting E3 ligases, a broad class of enzymes that can modulate proteins within the cell. Nurix’s drug discovery approach is to either harness or inhibit the natural function of E3 ligases within the ubiquitin proteasome system to selectively decrease or increase cellular protein levels.
Nurix is an Equal Opportunity Employer offering a competitive salary and benefits package. Applicants should be legally entitled to work for any employer in the US.
Note to Employment Agencies: Please do not forward any agency resumes. Nurix will not be responsible for fees related to unsolicited resumes.