Our new Paralegal/Senior Paralegal will become the fifth member of our Legal Department and function as a key member of the team. The Paralegal/Senior Paralegal will support our contracting process, corporate governance and corporate filings.
- Assist with the contracts process including maintaining the contracts system
- Prepare and review confidentiality agreements with attorney supervision
- Assist and maintain all corporate records
- Assist in the development of corporate policies, procedures and programs and in their trainings and compliance thereof
- Assist attorneys with transaction closings and maintenance of corporate records
- Provide administrative support for attorneys
- Successfully complete special projects and other assignments as requested
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Understanding of legal language and principles, research methods, contracts, and other related matters
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to function well in a high-paced and at times stressful environment
- Ability to maintain confidentiality, and to exercise discretion and good judgment
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software
Education and Experience:
- Qualified candidate must have a minimum of 5 years of experience as a contracts and/or corporate paralegal, with a focus on pharmaceutical and/or biotechnology products preferred.
- Bachelor's Degree required. Paralegal Certification preferred.
- Other competencies sought:
- Experience preparing confidentiality, consulting, master services agreements and the like
- Familiarity with records retention policies and document management systems
- Understanding of corporate formalities and related state-level reporting
- Some exposure to compliance programs in a pharmaceutical or biotech organization
- Ability to successfully balance the need to complete assigned tasks while limiting risk to the Company with the goal of supporting the creativity, enthusiasm and pace of internal business units at this growing pharmaceutical company
Fit with Nurix Culture and Values:
- Strong team orientation, highly collaborative and results-oriented focus
- Hands-on approach; resourceful and open to diverse points of view
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Self-driven and enthusiastic with the ability to thrive in a dynamic environment
Nurix Therapeutics is a biopharmaceutical company focused on the discovery, development and commercialization of small molecule therapies designed to modulate cellular protein levels as a novel treatment approach for cancer and immune disorders. Leveraging Nurix’s extensive expertise in E3 ligases together with its proprietary DNA-encoded libraries, Nurix has built DELigase, an integrated discovery platform to identify and advance novel drug candidates targeting E3 ligases, a broad class of enzymes that can modulate proteins within the cell. Nurix’s drug discovery approach is to either harness or inhibit the natural function of E3 ligases within the ubiquitin proteasome system to selectively decrease or increase cellular protein levels.
Nurix’s wholly owned pipeline comprises targeted protein degraders of Bruton’s tyrosine kinase, a B-cell signaling protein, and inhibitors of Casitas B-lineage lymphoma proto-oncogene-B, an E3 ligase that regulates T cell activation. Nurix is headquartered in San Francisco, California.
To apply, submit your resume to: https://www.nurixtx.com/culture-careers/job-openings/