The Senior Drug Discovery Program Manager will serve in a highly visible role reporting to the CSO, advancing the Nurix drug discovery pipeline and development portfolio. He/she will partner with Program Team Lead/s, program teams, functional heads, and executive management to develop and manage program timelines, product development plans, budgets, and milestones as well as proactively identifying program risks and mitigations. They will have the opportunity to shape the growing program management function for the company.
- Partner with Nurix Program Leaders and functional heads to ensure effective program planning and prioritization to drive programs through early milestones toward IND enabling studies and ultimately to the clinic.
- Manage early discovery program activities across the Nurix portfolio
- Support the management of cross functional core teams that include early discovery, pre-clinical, CMC, clinical and regulatory to execute on integrated strategic development plans
- Lead program management activities for programs, including program planning and execution such as timeline and milestone tracking, team meeting management, decision making support, and internal reporting
- Identify synergies across the portfolio
- Proactively working with Program Leader/s and core team members to ensure adequate risk mitigation including identification of risks, gaps, and resource bottlenecks
- Manage and collaborate with external CROs and vendors to advance program/s through various stage gates
- Facilitating strong cross functional communication by building working relationships across the organization
- Support growing Program and Portfolio management team by serving as a key subject matter expert and implementing fit for purpose program management standardized processes
- Help drive a culture of achievement and accountability within project teams
- Collaborate with Finance, functional heads and team representatives to develop and manage program budgets and scenario planning
- Assist in establishing Program Management best practices at Nurix Therapeutics
- Masters or PhD in related scientific discipline, MBA a plus
- Demonstrated track record of success in biotechnology with 5-8 years of prior experience and training in managing pre-clinical and clinical stage small molecule programs
- Proficient in Microsoft Office including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and applicable program management tools like Smartsheet
- Able to work effectively across all levels of the organization, including executive management
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to influence without authority, motivate with enthusiasm and develop productive working relationships with key stakeholders
- Ability to problem solve in a highly matrixed organization
- Excellent attention to detail
- Competent in planning and tracking, with the ability to capture details and summarize effectively for bridging across diverse, cross-functional and multi-national teams
- Process oriented, yet flexible. Able to create and drive process while also recognizing when flexibility is needed
- Proven track record of effective interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to operate effectively within an entrepreneurial and science driven company environment
Nurix Therapeutics is a biopharmaceutical company focused on the discovery, development and commercialization of small molecule therapies designed to modulate cellular protein levels as a novel treatment approach for cancer and immune disorders. Leveraging Nurix’s extensive expertise in E3 ligases together with its proprietary DNA-encoded libraries, Nurix has built DELigase, an integrated discovery platform to identify and advance novel drug candidates targeting E3 ligases, a broad class of enzymes that can modulate proteins within the cell. Nurix’s drug discovery approach is to either harness or inhibit the natural function of E3 ligases within the ubiquitin proteasome system to selectively decrease or increase cellular protein levels.
Nurix’s wholly owned pipeline comprises targeted protein degraders of Bruton’s tyrosine kinase, a B-cell signaling protein, and inhibitors of Casitas B-lineage lymphoma proto-oncogene-B, an E3 ligase that regulates T cell activation. Nurix is headquartered in San Francisco, California.