Nurix Therapeutics is a biopharmaceutical company focused on the discovery, development and commercialization of small molecule therapies designed to modulate cellular protein levels as a novel treatment approach for cancer and immune disorders. Leveraging Nurix’s extensive expertise in E3 ligases together with its proprietary DNA-encoded libraries, Nurix has built DELigase, an integrated discovery platform to identify and advance novel drug candidates targeting E3 ligases, a broad class of enzymes that can modulate proteins within the cell. Nurix’s drug discovery approach is to either harness or inhibit the natural function of E3 ligases within the ubiquitin proteasome system to selectively decrease or increase cellular protein levels.
Nurix’s wholly owned pipeline comprises targeted protein degraders of Bruton’s tyrosine kinase, a B-cell signaling protein, and inhibitors of Casitas B-lineage lymphoma proto-oncogene-B, an E3 ligase that regulates T cell activation. Nurix is headquartered in San Francisco, California.
This position will perform a variety of in-vitro screening assays for Nurix’s growing ADME (Absorption, Distribution, Metabolism, Excretion) group. The daily tasks will include optimizing compounds for mass spectrometry, perform assigned assays, quantitate by UPLC-MS/MS and report the data to scientists in the medicinal chemistry group. The in-vitro assays will explore physical properties of compounds such as; solubility, stability and permeability, using enzymatic and cell-based platforms. Samples will be prepared manually or through a liquid handling robot. The work from this position will provide critical information for the company’s medicinal chemistry projects.
- Bachelor’s Degree (BS/BA) or equivalent in a scientific related discipline with 1-3 years of laboratory experience.
- Understanding of high-performance liquid chromatography (HPLC) and mass spectrometry
- Basic understanding of ADME screens
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office products including Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Coding skills preferably in the Python language
- Some experience with Microsoft SharePoint
- Some experience with Hamilton or Tecan liquid handlers
Fit with Nurix Culture and Values
- Strong team orientation; highly collaborative
- Solutions and results-oriented focus
- Hands-on approach; resourceful and open to diverse points of view
Nurix is an Equal Opportunity Employer offering a competitive salary and benefits package. Applicants should be legally entitled to work for any employer in the US.
Note to Employment Agencies: Please do not forward any agency resumes. Nurix will not be responsible for fees related to unsolicited resumes.